The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the rundown, bought a '98 2388 this winter, during wheat harvest this summer had the reel speed switch set on Manuel and it would start out great then after a little time it would slow down then almost stop, mess with it a bit and it would go again. The next day we changed out the pump that drives the reel and it still did the same thing. Oh ya( working on a 1010 head) The kid working for me could not remember if it was doing this last year with the other combine or not, but thought maybe so. Any ideas?

·
Registered
51 Posts
i had the same problem on 1660 and it was the ground wire on the top of the feederhouse. don't know if your ground wire is in the same spot but i would check it first.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I have not checked the regulatorvalve. Where is it located on the combine and is there a way to check it or do I just replace it. Every thing else on the head works perfectly. I did figure that since I changed pumps that drive the reel and that did not fix it, that it had to be something on the combine.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Helped a friend last year for a couple of days and his 1680 was doing about the same thing. Sometimes raising or lower the header would change things for a bit. Turned out the ground wire had been left loose when the feeder house had been worked on over the winter. Seems like it was at the top of the feeder house on the left side of the machine. Tightened the nut and everything was back to normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts