The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at replacing the transmission in an 8130 Deere. They want $36K for the reman transmission. There is a place online called tractorpartsasap.com or All States Ag Parts that is selling them for $14,000 less. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with them, particularly with an IVT transmission.

I've heard that AGCO won't let anyone else touch their transmissions because of their complexity - I'd like to save the $$$$ but, I don't want to throw it out the window if they don't know what they are doing.

Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
On some deere IVT transmissions there is a core charge. Does that apply to your 8130? Is there a similar charge from All States?
I looked at a 7320 last year which had a ZF made IVT. It had a core charge provided it hadn't been opened.

·
Registered
68 Posts
On the Agco topic, I was told a while ago by an Agco salesman that the Fendt IVT transmissions are sent back to Germany for repair. The dealer is only allowed to remove and crate it for shipping. At the factory each transmission is assembled start to finish by one person. Each assembler has their own identity tag and if more than 3 transmissions by the same assembler come back, he or she is turfed.

·
Registered
464 Posts
It's like most wrecking places. They have some new stuff listed but most is used. I've had good luck but have never bought anything like an entire transmission. Mostly just smaller stuff. Hard to find driveshaft etc.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
We bought a "new" radiator from them, asked them several times to confirm it was new and not used or reman, every time they claimed it was new. Price was decent enough, and literally the only one in the entire world for some reason. ('95 Ford New Holland 9680) When I got it home, big surprise, it was used and just painted, the site gauge was broken, and some crinks and dents from a forklift I would say, but the box it came in was fine so it was loaded on their end that way. Called them back and got a bit of a discount, but not much, barely enough to cover the cost of a flush and pressure test and the few repairs it needed. I would be very cautious if I were you to buy a big ticket item like a transmission.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts