The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Just put a new concave in my 8820, did not reinstall the filler plates. We cut wheat, beans, milo, corn and canola. The guy helping me could not understand why a person would want them. I hope I did not make a mistake leaving them out. Please, someone explain their benefit with them in and how it helps with threshing grain. Our primary crop is wheat.

Thanks

· Registered
45 Posts
I guess I miss understood the term filler plates and what they are. I was aware of filler plates on the cylinder used for corn, but the ones that are on my concave are what I am asking about. They were put their by the previous owner, who are very experienced custom harvesters, and are located low and to the front of the concave. They seem to block off part of the concave and cause the wheat to be threshed farther up the cocave. They are bolted underneath and cause the front portion of the cocave to fill with grain. This may be a dumb question, but I am still not sure that I understand the theory of why they are used.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.