The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the gearbox to drive the unloading auger piled up last night, does anyone have any tips or suggestions to remove it??? I'm thinking that the output shaft is gonna be seized into the vertical auger. Any help would be appreciated!!

Also any good ideas to empty the grain tank?? Would a gràin vac suck it out from the top of the tank?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Had this happen on a 1680 with the gear drive for auger while having a full hopper of 16% lentils :eek: We a hopper and placed it under the auger cleanout and built a trough for the grain to run down then just shoveled the lentils till they didn't run out the hole. Then we removed the gear box and the up right auger came out of the gear box at the elbow, used two bars and a duck bill on porta power to remove auger from gear box. Not a fun job but is doable with out to much knuckle busting. Good luck

·
Registered
129 Posts
before you tear it down check a couple of things first. I had the same problem and it tuned out to be a coupler half out the horiontal tube, had twisted off. Take the door off the elbow and have some one turn the drive shaft with a pipe wrench and see if its trying to turn at the elbow, if it is then move out and split your tube and fix outer coupler. My 1680 had the open bevel gears and I had to take the bottom out of the vertical tube, it was a *****. good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.