The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to rent some shop space from one of our landlords this year. It is mostly full of old farm equipment, but there is enough room in it to store our straight cut header, which is pretty much all we want to store in it anyways. What would be a reasonable price to pay for a year? I don't really know anyone in the area that rents cold storage so can't ask around.

·
Registered
73 Posts
We pay $500 per peice of equipment per year .. I have no idea if that's fair or not however both him and us are happy with the deal as the shed would just sit empty anyway

·
Registered
117 Posts
I give a $100 dollars a month for shed space. I’ve got my grain platform and my corn head there on header wagons plus I store a tractor and planter in there.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Have just been trying to set a fair price. We have rented this land for 30ish years and the shop doesn't get used, just for some stuff the land lords grandfather kept. It doesn't have a very high roof and only has room for one header. I think 500 bucks a year would keep them happy, otherwise it just gets unused and they didn't seem to concerned about getting a lot for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts