The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few holes in the bottom shoe auger pan in my 7720. The holes are toward the rear of the bottom pan and very hard to reach to repair. I have repaired them in the past with the fiber glass resin in a can, and it works for a while. Are there any other solutions without replacing the pan and if I have to replace the pan with a new one, what's the best way to go about it?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
how about pulling the pan and replacing it with one made at a welding shop they would be thicker and maybe cheaper or find a pan at a wrecker or just bite the bullet and go to deere they cant be too pricey I would think

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
You need to check the backend of that pan good not just underneath but at the front of the sieve and your fan shrouds or that end of it will come out the backend of the combine. Go get a new one from deere or if you were in Canada you could pull a good one out of a 7721 from a wrecker.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a few holes in the bottom shoe auger pan in my 7720. The holes are toward the rear of the bottom pan and very hard to reach to repair. I have repaired them in the past with the fiber glass resin in a can, and it works for a while. Are there any other solutions without replacing the pan and if I have to replace the pan with a new one, what's the best way to go about it?
Sir
I have a carbon fiber that I think would work well. You mix the resin and hardener put it on the carbon fiber and place it over the bad area. It is stronger than concrete once set up.
we also have a epoxy resin mortar for fixing cracks in your concrete.
go to magicmortar.com for more info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts