The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe there are special walkers for corn and soybeans, and standard ones for cereals. you can harvest corn, soybeans and wheat on the wheat walkers, but you got reduced capacity in anything but wheat.

thats what ive been told anyway

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also have a 7720 II. One of the best mods I've done is to replace the top chaffer with a fixed air foil. Mine came from St John's Welding, however, I think he may have stopped making them or sold the patent to someone else.

I run corn, soybeans, and wheat. I really like the job it does and was a real improvement in capacity. The increased air and upwards angle have removed this area as a limiting factor for capacity in my combine. I'd stay way from the adjustable air foils. Not sure, but I think Peterson makes a good fixed one now. Good Luck.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I was looking at those air foil chaffers on the Loewen website. I wondered how they were working for people.

Why do you say to stay away from the adjustable ones?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re:more questions on 7720 II

surely appreciate the replies

I've had good service from my Titan 2 and would like to keep it running for several years yet.

combine is currently at dealer getting winter inspection and repairs

I'm interested in hearing any other modifications and tips from other owner/operators.

Have any of you had experience with the repairable chaffers? or nylon vs. metal?

What about synthetic oil? I put it in my flex head gear case and was going to put it in FH reverser...cylinder drive too???

Have any of you put on the slower sprocket for the separator/shoe drive? Some say you need to but my mechanic doesn't think it is needed as long as you keep the bushings tight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts