The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Decent amount of labor. Linkages, cables, wiring, hoses, coolant and A/C lines, cab mounts and a lifting device with lots of reach.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yes it is on a titan, its a shaft right behind the cab and the ujoint holds the two shafts together. I have replaced dozens of them on 8820's

I never worked on a 8820 just my 6620. Learn something new every day

·
Registered
26 Posts
the 8820 is a great combine i just bought my first titan 11 for 24,000 us dollars it has 4500 hours and is a one owner machine. it has a crary big topper bin extension and will be getting a tsr fine cut straw chopper. we now have 5 8820s on our grass seed farm in oregon. there a great combine!!! not the most pleaseant cab in the world but easy to work on and cheap to maintain!!!! i sure wouldnt junk a combine just because it needs a cab!!! especially if you know the history of the combine and its in good shape!!! just my opinion though

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
appreciate the replies...my combine is actually a Titan II and it was in excellent shape, $$$$ in recent repairs...also had duals and planetaries
...hard to find. Cab caught fire from being in a shed where tractor shorted out, so other than cab damage, mostly just paint and plastics melted...fire put out before it got in to belts or anything on lower/inside of combine. I found a decent yellowtop cab for $500. so am going to swap them out. Only difference in cab I can see is Harvestrak monitor on left front post and more AC vents in headliner on TII. I'll look for the shaft w/u joint...what does it go to?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts