The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
straw chopping, chaff spreading etc on r76 , i looked at one of these machines at crop production show. the salesman was'nt overly helpful. my biggest concern would be residue managment. i know the straw isnt good to bale behind compared to other rotary machines but what kind of residue managment can i expect?

·
Registered
42 Posts
We have had great luck baling straw behind an R, we bale large and small square bales and round bales, all seem to hold together, and the people buying them seem to like them more because they spread easyier. we have a R62 but I know a guy that bales large squares behind a 76 with a cdf rotor, Ive always heard red combines were the worst to bale behind. How big of a header are you running? anything over 30 foot seems to take modification to get a full spread pattern but with the hydraulic spreader and extended cleaning shoe fins on the 76, it shouldn't take much. One thing Ive notices is the spreader needs to be spinning as fast as possible to keep the residue from being thrown out in clump, ( if conditions are damp or tough).

The post just above this one seems to cover residue spreading better than I ever could.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whats the chopper like to run in cereals and flax? , i noticed you can get the optional hydraulic straw/chaff spreader and the incab rpm adjustment is nice. right now i run a 30ft header, we harrow the majority of our crops to incorporate herbicides anyway but im worried in heavy crops i wont get an even distribution. anyone run one of these in canola? does it bottle neck in 36ft swaths?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts