The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been curious if anyone has ever put an Ultra Pro system from Seedmaster on a different brand of drill?? I have inquired with Seedmaster about this and they refused to talk to me... The thought is Canola seed savings without having to change/upgrade my seeding unit.. Also curious if there are other options out there? I assume i am not alone in not being very happy with my BG seed distribution. Canola being my main interest!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Ive never looked real close but isnt it similar to a valmar? Could you not just buy a valmar and put it on with the same results?

·
Premium Member
5,726 Posts
I believe you could put 1st generation ultrapro meters into a Valmar.

Or buy a single UltraPro meter setup and have your own built if they are going to be jerks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ask them if they want to sell that part of the system or nothing ? In this business climate, I would sell anything I could.
I asked a few years ago, the answer was "no". But like u say , they maybe more motivated now.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I had a neighbour ask about putting one on his BG and they basically said no way we are not selling you one!!!

·
Registered
669 Posts
A few years ago, a local guy I know that has all his stuff custom built by AgPro wanted to have a JD CCS air tank mounted on his latest drill setup. He bought all the parts through the local Deere dealership. Mother Deere found out however and raised a heck of a fuss. Well they picked the wrong guy. He's a BTO with deeeeeeep pockets and a personal friend of Ron Offut. Had his attorney send to paperwork, and spend the better part of an hour destroying a couple poor reps they sent out to talk to him. If it were me I'd search around to see if you can find someone to sell you one through parts. Get it and say nothing. If they raise a fuss, spit in their eye and tell everyone you know what you think of them.

·
Registered
463 Posts
The impression I got when I was up at the research farm was they would sell them outright. That was maybe 6-7 years ago? $13,000 is sticking in my mind but it was maybe more than that. That was before they came out with the ultrapro 2. I've never seen just a single up2 tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts