The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if I can fit high speed cameras (video) to areas of the returns & clean grain systems on a flagship machine & hook them into the Pro700?
Fitting to the right areas will be a matter of experimenting. The returns monitoring system leaves a little to be desired in the flagship Case! High speed camera or video would give a better idea as to what is actually going through the returns system.
Appreciate peoples thoughts & advice.

Oh yeah, Case engineers watching ....... appreciate your anonymous input as well. :27:

·
Registered
581 Posts
On the 250 series there are camera's on the clean grain elevator that change the machine settings to maintain a pre set sample.
Won't need to see the returns

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the 250 series there are camera's on the clean grain elevator that change the machine settings to maintain a pre set sample.
Won't need to see the returns
Yes, I've seen that. Sorta thinking if I can spend a few hundred dollars to see a few things I wish to see it's a bit cheaper than spending the near equivilant of a small countries GDP on a new machine to see the same!

·
Registered
665 Posts
I've thought about doing this too. If I remember correctly somebody on the forum was doing this with a gopro but that necessitates removing it to see the footage.

It would be neat to see the lower sieve. Maybe the upper sieve too to see how the distribution of grain changes with sidehill, load, etc.

The Ideal combines look like they have a camera monitor center front above the windshield. That doesn't seem like an ergonomic place for it to be.

Some quick google fu turned this thread up. Looks roughly like what you are looking for. I didn't read the whole thing.
https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/7-case-ih/49282-camera-pro700.html

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Where would you mount this camera, @rod? I'd think it would have to be in the moisture sampler somehow. I don't think you'd have much luck trying to observe the grain as it traveled through the under-sieve cross auger, or while in flight up the elevator chain. Maybe a high speed camera and lots of bright light would work, but I have my doubts. I'd be surprised if any of the automation cameras from any brand are not mounted to the sampler somehow, and sample periodically (fill, sample, empty, repeat).

·
Registered
501 Posts
I think it was user "doorknob" on here that mounted go pros in his 1680.

This is his channel, there are a few more combine internals videos if you scroll through. I believe new go pros can send video in real time

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where would you mount this camera, @rod? I'd think it would have to be in the moisture sampler somehow. I don't think you'd have much luck trying to observe the grain as it traveled through the under-sieve cross auger, or while in flight up the elevator chain. Maybe a high speed camera and lots of bright light would work, but I have my doubts. I'd be surprised if any of the automation cameras from any brand are not mounted to the sampler somehow, and sample periodically (fill, sample, empty, repeat).
Well, you know that statement I said ”cheaper to buy cameras than a new 250 series ....”
That still holds true ......I guess, but I’ve succumbed to new technology & the smell of new paint!
The 8250 “chrome edition” is really an improvement on my 40 series. There’s lots of wizardry that certainly helps improve efficiency.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts