The Combine Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
https://www.ebay.com/itm/745-FRONT-WHEEL-BEARING-DAC34660037-CHEVROLET-OPEL-CORSA/143256332148?fits=Model:Corsa|Make:Chevrolet&epid=25016728999&hash=item215abe2774:g:w9EAAOSwIVhZ6MAp

The issue might be finding 96 in one shot!

And here you were thinking you weren’t paying double like everything else up here parts related! :22:
If that bearing is the same quality as what I am getting it would make sense that CNH would more than double the price, but if it's Chinese then I will gladly pay up for the good bearing and skip the trouble down the road.

·
Super Moderator
3,068 Posts
If that bearing is the same quality as what I am getting it would make sense that CNH would more than double the price, but if it's Chinese then I will gladly pay up for the good bearing and skip the trouble down the road.
Sure it’s worth the trouble//time/expense of changing them all?
May not improve failure rate at all.

·
Premium Member
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
When they go 25K acres without issues and then three fail in two days that tells me they all must be close. This isn't the worst job but there is a lot of them and not something you want to do in season. The front row actually is mostly visible from tractor so if one piles up you can see it pushing, but the back row is hidden from view. So if doing zero till it's fairly easy to see if one is skidding, but if into worked ground pretty much have to stop at end with it in the ground and walk along and see if any are pushing.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
To me 25,000 acres seems low for bearings to start failing.
My brother has an 1890 with 125,000 acres on it and has done three disk bearings in total

·
Premium Member
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
To me 25,000 acres seems low for bearings to start failing.
My brother has an 1890 with 125,000 acres on it and has done three disk bearings in total
I have no idea if that's good or bad. Looked at 1890 when I bought this thing but all I heard was how bad they were to work on and all disc drills require periodic maintenance of some sort. This thing has been bomb-proof thus far and if these bearings and discs are what needs doing every 4 years then I'm fine with that. But to get 5X the acres there must be some sort of different bearing or he must not have stones or ???

41 - 46 of 46 Posts