The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone. I recently upgraded my 20 series combine for a 9410. I need to connect the Dial-a-matic harness to the combine but I have the 16 terminal connector on the machine, and the 9 pin terminal on the head. I know I could buy the ah128924 adapter from deere, but I would rather retrofit the head harness permanently. I found a connector kit from agritronix that has the connector and terminals. Anyone forsee any issues, and can you confirm that the pin out is as simple as #1-9 in the 9 pin terminal simply moving to terminals 1-9 in the 16 pin connector?
Hand Green Automotive tire Engineering Rim

Automotive tire Finger Rim Gas Circle
Computer Personal computer Output device Computer monitor Peripheral

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally got around to wiring this. After moving the wires to the new connector, DAM would not work. I scratched my head a little and then found a wiring diagram.. Turns out, on the newer combines with the larger connector, there's a splice in the header harness that routes battery voltage back to power up the DAM circuit board. I suppose this is this way to make sure DAM doesn't activate unless a header is installed.. I installed an extra wire in terminal 11 of the header connector and spliced it into the power wire in terminal 4. Now everything works. I figured I would update this post in case someone in the future sees it, and has the same problem. Happy harvest everyone!

Green Motor vehicle Garden hose Electrical wiring Cable

1 - 3 of 3 Posts