The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering who else has lost all faith in Raven? The steering is absolute crap. I really like my RG1100 but am sick of the Raven/AGCO bull#$%^. So I'm thinking about putting a 2630 steering/application system in my sprayer. It cant be any worse than the crap that Canpro gives me about "we don't know what to do, Agco blames Raven and Raven blames Agco" So Canpro blames both and does absolutely f^^k all about. So I'm willing to take my chances by taking this approach.
Has anyone ever done this or heard of someone trying?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
what issues are you having with the steering i have a 2012 rg 900 works awesome on auto steer what are yiur issues it worked good on waas now im on rtk still really good

if one day yu wanna call me i could give you all my setting numbers you could try that maybe

i did the first year have issues turned out the plate that the steering rams go onto ontop of the king pin wore bad due to the wrong steel it was only noticeable once the sprater was jacked up it was just like a steering joint was buggerd but it wasnt canpro are aware of the issue in brandon thou

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm wondering who else has lost all faith in Raven? The steering is absolute crap. I really like my RG1100 but am sick of the Raven/AGCO bull#$%^. So I'm thinking about putting a 2630 steering/application system in my sprayer. It cant be any worse than the crap that Canpro gives me about "we don't know what to do, Agco blames Raven and Raven blames Agco" So Canpro blames both and does absolutely f^^k all about. So I'm willing to take my chances by taking this approach.
X2. Ours is a 2013 and steers like sh#t. I keep getting the excuse that we are going to fast from the dealer but I know that is a pile of crap. i have also talked to other people who have told they are working on it but nobody knows who's equipment is causing the problem. We had a 2011 1194 before and that steered like a dream compared to this. It was all Raven also but the new one has there new 3D steering module. There are lots of other disappointed people in our area also. I demoed a 4430 yesterday and I didn't care much for the sprayer but it sure did steer nice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
have you guys got the sensor on the front axel ?normally front left that has somthing to do with the 3d thing ?
i spray any where from 17 to 25mph no issues on my 12 gator rg
Got that. Got another update that just came out to correct the overlap lap issue and I think it steers worse now. I am told some sprayers are good and some aren't. Doesn't make sense but that is there story.

·
Ken Adams
1,355 Posts
Don't know if this helps, updated a 1396 from black box smarttrax with tilt sensor to a can node with 3D and to make it perform satisfactorily, had to add wheel position sensor on front left king pin (the one mark i think is asking about)
There were 2 updates for Phoinix 300 that were released in May, have these been done? special cable and laptop needed and my experience both have to be done.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I often have to slow down a little to engage and pretty sure that's 20mph+. When the dealer first dropped it off the steering was pathetic. Run though the hydraulic cal while the hydraulic oil is hot and a half tank of water on and on a surface you will be working on.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think most of you guys are getting the point. I have logged 800 hours in this machine. All updates done spent more time than imaginable changing settings checking steering components and it makes no difference at all. What I want is someone who has successfully installed a JD GPS in a Rogator. I had a 994 before this lemon, it had the long boxes and it was awesome. This 3D is complete garbage

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't think most of you guys are getting the point. I have logged 800 hours in this machine. All updates done spent more time than imaginable changing settings checking steering components and it makes no difference at all. What I want is someone who has successfully installed a JD GPS in a Rogator. I had a 994 before this lemon, it had the long boxes and it was awesome. This 3D is complete garbage

We are in the same boat. 780hrs on ours and fed up. Every now and then it will work really good for a couple hours and then back to **** again. I wouldnt put deere in just because of our dealer relationship but i have been thinking about putting in a different steering system. If you do it let us know how it works.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
have youi checked the plates on top of the king pins you need to jack it up on each courner to see it mine steered like **** untill i found this issue

if you wanna try somthing differnt put a outback systm in the vsi systm works awesome see if a dealer will demo you one its all plug and play could still use the viper for everything but steering then

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

My name is Ryan Molitor and I am the Marketing and Sales Operations manager here at Raven. We've been working very closely with our dealers this spring to remedy some of the issues you mentioned above. We do have some software enhancements, as well as a complete checklist of items and settings to ensure the best possible performance. I'd be happy to discuss further over the phone, or e-mail is fine too. I'd like to help in any way possible, and if I could gather a bit more information I can make sure we get the right people to help you over the phone or in person if needed.

My contact information:
(605) 335-0179 (direct line)
[email protected]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.