The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! First post and had a question. How many guys run light bars on your equipment ? Looking for feed back on the rigid led light bars. Kinda interested in the curved one.
Have lots of light combining in the work area but can't see down the field in the dark.
9770 factory lights with 2 10" floods on the railing.
Just looking for your feedback and experience

Thanks

·
Registered
675 Posts
I got a 40" rigid light bar this spring. Put it on my sprayer. Works very good but I should have got a curved one. Should work good on the combine but you might have to turn it off in real dusty conditions as it might glare back on you into the cab. They are very bright.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I been running rigid lights on our equipment for years. On the combines we run a 20' light bars with some dually D2 diffused. This combo seems to work best for both pick up and straight cutting. We use lots of the diffused on the other tractors for seeding etc. The light bars are the ticket for picking up swaths for long distance lighting. They are pricey but buy nice or buy twice. lifetime warranty how can you go wrong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are alot of cheap chinese LED lights that have popped up in the last few years, but to be honest alot of them I'd buy over Rigid stuff. Alot of their components are still manufactured over seas for them. Rigid is kind of like the John Deere of LED lights. You put their name on it and its instantly 2x the cost. Go browse around some of the offroad message boards and you'll see what I mean. I've got a cheap "chinese 20" light bar on my truck thats survived 3 deer hits and is going strong. I paid $150 for it and its in the 4000 lumen area. Anymore if I need LED lights I look at either lifetimeLEDlights or Trailworthy Fab. I agree that the curved bar is nice, but give it a few months and alot of other companies will be popping up with them for much less.

·
Registered
121 Posts
We bought some dually knockoffs on ebay. 18w cree spots, put 4 on our 4840 paired with a couple cheap floods and we are extremely happy with the results. 30 bucks a piece instead of 200 from rigid. Will definitely buy more off of ebay. Cant beat the price.

·
Registered
221 Posts
There are alot of cheap chinese LED lights that have popped up in the last few years, but to be honest alot of them I'd buy over Rigid stuff. Alot of their components are still manufactured over seas for them. Rigid is kind of like the John Deere of LED lights. You put their name on it and its instantly 2x the cost. Go browse around some of the offroad message boards and you'll see what I mean. I've got a cheap "chinese 20" light bar on my truck thats survived 3 deer hits and is going strong. I paid $150 for it and its in the 4000 lumen area. Anymore if I need LED lights I look at either lifetimeLEDlights or Trailworthy Fab. I agree that the curved bar is nice, but give it a few months and alot of other companies will be popping up with them for much less.
Got a light bar with 8000 lumens for just over 100 bucks off of Alibaba.com from China, freight included. Got it in less than a week. Also ordered a couple of implement lights for less than half what I would have paid here for the same lumen output. Look at the lumen output before you buy and compare apple to apples. Also check out the wattage as they may draw more amps than your machine can supply, especially the light bar. You may need relays and extra heavy wiring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.