The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 9870 with 400hrs went for $200000 with pu head is that a cheap price? 9320 with 1600hrs $120000.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The prices seemed very low at that auction, I would have been quite dissapointed selling equipment there. That 9870 is at least 60k short of where it should have been for price. There was also a 8330 don't remember the hours, but it was low, that sold for $115k. That one went to Kansas.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
That does seem very low. It's probably the same old story though: If one of us were serious about buying it, it would've commanded a much higher price.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Maybe you should come back on December 17th for the 18 large combines, 18 tractors, 6 sprayers and 19 headers that we have SO FAR!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks for recognizing that earp....it's what we live by. It's the fairest, most transparent way to buy or sell in our humble 53 year old opinion!

·
Registered
55 Posts
RB no buy backs?

Last year there was a auction from Richie Brothers in Petrolia, and I was looking for an extra attachment for the front end loader, and there was this guy from Brindley(I know the guy), who sells all this stuff. Well all the stuff what went to cheap, he bought it back. Not to speak of the 'internet-bid' . If you are bidding on an item there is always someone bidding on the internet... how do I know it is not the owner(or his wife,or his son), who is sitting behind his computer in a warm office, buying his own stuff back????:mad:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
The internet is one of those things, IMO, that has made auctions questionable at times. You and I both don't know who is "internet bidding" on the same item you are.
I would imagine most auctions are reputable and don't deal dishonestly, but there is always the question in the back of my mind, is somebody really bidding? I believe and always will that, if you want to buy something, you should be there freezing your buns off just like I am!
I've been to RB auctions and I must say they are well run, they don't stand around selling wagon loads for hours, if you know what I mean...

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
yah...nothing worse than standing around in freezing temps while auctioneer trys to get an extra .50 out of a pail of junk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Buy Backs

Last year there was a auction from Richie Brothers in Petrolia, and I was looking for an extra attachment for the front end loader, and there was this guy from Brindley(I know the guy), who sells all this stuff. Well all the stuff what went to cheap, he bought it back. Not to speak of the 'internet-bid' . If you are bidding on an item there is always someone bidding on the internet... how do I know it is not the owner(or his wife,or his son), who is sitting behind his computer in a warm office, buying his own stuff back????:mad:
To address your first comment on the attachments. It took me awhile, as I'm in Caseyville, Illinois and this sale was in Ontario, BUT I checked it out. There were no consignors from Brindley, and checking the buyers, I found one. That purchaser purchased a considerable amount of items of which none were his ............ period and verified. If you ever suspect a buy back or bid-in at a Ritchie Sale, please walk right up to one of us. We will not allow it ever. No one's time wants to be wasted, including ours.

To address your second comment about the warm office. Although we trust our consignors very much, we still verify by running reports throughout every sale looking for buying anomalies. Thankfully, a buy back is an EXTREMELY rare event, but we've certainly had a couple of individuals attempt using a friend (known as a shill).

We catch them. And when we do, there are extreme financial penalties in addition to re-selling the equipment. The bottom line is....it doesn't happen at a Ritchie sale, because consingors know we're always keeping a sale fair and transparent.

That's the difference. We look. We don't wink. We don't walk away if there's an issue. Relationships mean something to us, and they're two-way streets. :)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts