The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
wow there was some bargins there even if the machines needed work I guess everyones got there combines lined up and with poor crops and lots of unseeded drowned out land in the east and drought areas out west the areas with big crops are few and far between hence less last minute buyers needing extra capacity for a bumper crop or nobodys buying with poor yield and poor prices coming our way this fall but still 8010 case ih combines $60-$80k 8120s for $125k class 8 lexions for mid 30s and a 2388 for $17k I shoulda bought a second combine 2188 s for $15,500 is a bargin

·
Registered
172 Posts
I went looking for maybe one of the red machines as that is what I am familiar with and have somewhat of an idea on what to look for. It appeared to me that the combines were ones that dealers didn't/couldn't sell and didn't want to put money into. Went the day before and went thru a lot of the units and started them up. Someone started the unit next to us and the chopper drive grenaded. Some of the 8120s had holes clean thru the back end. Some hi houred and some were better than others but they all needed work and I wasn't ready to go that route this close to harvest. Public auction is as is.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I don't think combines where that soft. Remember auction price should be wholesale at best and if machines needed 30 or 40k of work they didn't sell that bad. There is a reason 8 times out of 10 why dealers send combines to stoon.

I think we my just be seeing what real deprecation looks like for the first time in 20plus years.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
I don't think combines where that soft. Remember auction price should be wholesale at best and if machines needed 30 or 40k of work they didn't sell that bad. There is a reason 8 times out of 10 why dealers send combines to stoon.

I think we my just be seeing what real deprecation looks like for the first time in 20plus years.
We are holding out on drills just for this reason, gotta seed a lot of acres to make a 600K drill pan out. And thats not even with the flippen 4WD in front.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was there and bid on lots. The combines from youngs looked very good, and they don't send just their junk. I think it was just like the auctioneer said, today is not a representation of what the market is, you just picked the right day to be at the sale. I wanted to buy a 9430t but our dealer has told me to stay away from them because the new quads will be out soon. After going to these yard sales now for a while, I'm thinking this just might be where I buy everything. 30 years ago a dealer cared and supported us so we always bought from them. Now they start a work order if you walk in and ask a question. The machinery at these sales all came off a farm and of course it has to be inspected before I buy it, but 4.85 for wheat now vs 7 plus last year, makes me a little more cautious too. I agree the combines where soft but only compared to dealers asking price. Maybe that's why the combines are sitting on dealers lot for more then a year. Farmers are starting to say "no"

·
Registered
313 Posts
One if the john deere combines in the sale I had received a quote on from the dealer sold for exactly what they would have sold it to me for. They had it priced for 40 to 50 thousand more for three years and couldn't sell it and finally unloaded it at auction. I was surprised they offered it to me at what Ritchie's was guaranteeing them, they usually don't do that. Something about not wanting to lower the value of the rest of their equipment.
There were a couple s680's with extended warranty that sold at the ag iron sale for 232000$ and my dealer has the same thing priced around 350000$. Who is taking the hit on that? I don't care what is wrong with them I can fix it for less than that!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.