The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of anyone who owns Rite tractors that wants to maybe sell? Im looking for tractors from 500 to the 850. Any help would be very much appreciated. I own one and looking for more. Any names, towns, and #'s would really help. Thanks!! You can email me at [email protected] or 405-249-2248 Ty

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
With all respect to those tractors and without beating a dead horse, a used Big Bud Series 3 would be a bit easier to find. I believe they made only 37 or so Rite tractors.

This site here might be of some help, maybe not. I believe the 750 was the largest they made. I know of no 850 model officially made. It like the Big Bud 650/50 had the Detroit 12V92.

I suppose Dave Curtis still runs the company. Folks at Big Equipment might be able to track down one and direct you to Dave. As a matter of fact their was one for sale on Tractor House or Fastline a few months ago. I believe I posted a link.

Good Luck!

Try this # (406) 453-7707 D & V Sales, mentions Dave Curtis.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I already own one 470 and really like it, besides Ron wants $220,000 for the 650/50 and thats more than I want to pay, but they are great tractors! I want to find another Rite it will just take time. Dave has a 470 new, but I want used.I was told the 707 was cranked up to 850 but that is here-say. Appreciate any help and thank you.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, how much does a new Rite 470 go for?

Yeah, that 650/50 has been there awhile! If it has a new Cummins QSK23 in it maybe so, but even then that engine would cost, I'm guessing new around $75K, maybe more.???

Didn't the Rite 707 have a Cummins KTA1150 in it? I don't think their efficiency was really effective past 600hp back then, or so I've heard.

Their was a guy on here that worked on them, had them, etc. Do a search on Rite Tractors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
750 rites have a 12v detroit in them. 3 were made with allison autos and i think cotta 2 or 3 speed drop boxes. KT models were the best in my opinion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Iv researched so much I am wearing my keyboard out!:confused: "Rite Tractor" do you know who or where any of these 707's are. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rite 750

Just woundering if anyone knows of the location of the rite 750 tractor,I read earlyer that it may know be in northern Indiana or Ohio.If anyone knows that would be great as I will plan a trip to go see it since its not to far from me,and post the pictures that I take of it. thanks chad

·
Registered
1 Posts
rite 750 earthquake

The Rite 750 known as earthquake is at randall brothers equipment just outside of holgate ohio. i actually just stumbled apon the tractor today not knowing what it was and did some research to find out that it is 1 of 3 750s built. it is a very impressive machine and it towered over the other 4wds in the barn.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Anybody know much was that tractor new? Just curious how they compared to others at the time.
Not the Rite but somewhere I have an original spec sheet on a 525 Bud from 1978 ?? and seem to recall a price of $125,000 US. And right around that time, 1977 ish, the Canadian dollar was on par or only a slight premium to US $. That seems like a reasonable price now but compared to an 850 Versatile in 1976 for $35,000, or an 875 in about 1982 for $80 ish it was still a pretty big bite! Equipment values took a huge jump in that era before the wheels fell off the economy. If only we could have seen how to pay for a 525 or Rite back then, it would still be working for us today. Upgrade the hydraulics and carry on.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It’s a pretty big leap from an 850 or 875 Versatile to a 525hp Big Bud tractor. 125k in 1978 dollars would be about 490k today according to the online calculator I found.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts