The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at a parts catalog for a Claas Vario header and noticed that you can buy rivets for the knife. It seems unbelievable to me that Claas is still using rivet on knife sections? If you own a Vario do you screw around with rivets every time you break a knife section or do you pull the new knife out right from the start and replace all the rivets with bolts?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I was glad when those bolted heads came out. Flipping crazy they would still mess with horse and buggy days tech. Maybe the rivets are cheaper than bolts. Keep a spare bolted knife and after you bloodied half a dozen knuckles chiseling rivets you can change the knife. I wouldn't mess changing the rivets out because the changed bolts never seem as strong as what come with the knife.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I just heard from the dealer. They are bolt on so this thread can be deleted as far as I'm concerned. I don't know what the deal is .... do they use rivets on the European headers or is it an old parts book I saw .... don't know?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Probably a marketing ploy! "Std Vario": Riveted with hardened rivets, included in price. "Deluxe Vario": Comes with bolt on sections, $1000 more!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.