The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Great Silver Fleet,

Welcome to the second installment of the Gleaner 2014 Roadshow. In this episode, we continue our discussion about what Gleaner is doing to achieve Optimum Harvesting Performance.

We also head up to the Pacific Northwest outside of Othello, Washington to take part in the harvest of an unusual crop- grass seed.

Have a safe harvest season,

Go Great Silver!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Grass seed can be fun, gleaner swill do just fine in grass seed barring the swathing job is good. Grass seed can be swath extremely bunchy. If so a gleaner will struggle as it eats every bunch straight on, where as an axial will beat it apart a little before the rotor takes it. My main grass eed that I do is perennial rye grass and I am happy with the job my gleaners do. The grain tank needs all the extra stuff taken out and the trough over the auger trimmed down to let it flow grass seed. The unload system is far superior in a gleaner in grass seed then any other brand machine. Does anyone have a close up pic of the straw chute they were using? That is one of the gripes with a gleaner is the ability to bake behind them in large swaths or grass seed. The windrow is too dense and will brake or twist belts on round balers when picked up. I liked the look of the swath behind the "chute". Why doesn't gleaner offer that as an option for guys that want to bale?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.