The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been going through our new 2577. We ordered the rock trap with serrated blades, but we noticed that the blades on the actual combine are not serrated. Should we just keep the blades on that we have or should we order the serrated ones in. We combine very little wheat. Most all of our acres are corn and soybeans. Also, I thought I read somewhere that it would actually improve feeding if I put on the sprocket that would turn the rock trap beater slower. Can anyone offer me any advise on the serrated blades, and the right sprocket to put on or anything else that might help to a new Case IH owner. I think it came with a 20 and a 30 tooth sprocket for the rock trap.

Thank You,

Steve

·
Registered
77 Posts
Steve, Good luck with the combine, all my customers like the serrated blades, especially with our greener stemmed beans nowdays. That is true it will feed better with the larger sprocket on the rocktrap shaft because you're letting a bigger length of material in the rotor, but you will decrease rock protection, how rocky are your fields? Do you have rock-dirt guards on the header?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Our fields vary. Some are very rocky, and the average field has an occasion nest of rocks here and there. We are going to be running a 30 foot draper header. It is the case IH flexdraper (macdon). We didn't order any special rock guards with the draper, but there is a little lip after the knives. Also, the draper looks like it might sort of have a little rock protection built into it. There is a little pan that I think is meant for catching rocks before it can get fed onto the center belt.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sent you an email on some information on the Razor. Does anyone have any pictures of it? Has any used one and knows what the Razor can do?

Thanks,

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts