The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Have a CIH 2366 with no rock trap. Is there an aftermarket addition you can put on these machines?
Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
620 Posts
If you have a 2366 without a rocktrap it will have a 60" length feeder assy on it.
To have a rocktrap the proper way is to find a combine with a rocktrap and switch the entire feeder assy. Rocktrap equipped machines have a 54.5" feeder and the rocktrap is sandwiched between the combine and the feeder with extensions on the lift cylinders.
I have seen a couple of machines with the 60" feeder and the rocktrap installed. Not the way it was factory designed but it does work. Warning a couple of issues result though, feeder does not lift as high and the balance of the machine is more front heavy with header on machine than normal and ballast has to be added to rear of machine.
Try and find a 54.5" feeder with a rocktrap assy at a wrecker somewhere, 1600 and 2100 series will fit as well just keep your HD lower jackshaft assy. If your lucky you could find one with a hydraulic reverser on it already and a rocktrap and you would be all set.

Rocktrap assemblies are still available new from Case-IH through parts as a kit if you can't find one at a wrecker.

Good Luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
miker9060, I'm new to the forum and just purchased a 2388 w/rock trap. I don't know if the feeder houses are interchangeable, but might be interested. We don't have any rocks around here, I would rather not have one. Someone might be able to help us out in this area, because I'm new at running the red machines. Grew up on a L2.

·
Registered
8 Posts
miker9060, I know because of location it might not be very feasible. If anyone else might be interested in an exchange or has something available, please let me know. How hard a job is it?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts