The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a R62 with the rock door and I'm interested in changing to the rock trap. How pleased are you with the trap and does it give good protection against rocks. What would cost and part no. be. Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
Not exact machine but on the N6 was pretty simple. Just two plates bolt in to reinforce the sides and rock door just catches on the tin work around the distribution augers. Never ran combine before stone trap was installed to know if performance was hampered. It holds a fair number of stones, the rotor seems to knock them in there fairly consistantly. I did take a rock through the processor this year and had to replace bars on thresher side and do some cage tweaking. The stone trap had a few stones in it and I should have dumped it. That was the first stone I took in for years.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Why do you want to go to a trap instead of the door?
We never had a rock large enough to do damage to the rotor until they changed to the trap.

Time spent closing the door is pretty cheap after spending 30k on a new rotor, concave,cage and chopper.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Have run both , Rock door conditions don t matter wet or dry it works Rock trap in dry conditions empty it every morning and it works but in wet conditions it will fill up solid and you are screwed ( think down wet corn had to replace the concaves and concave frame 3 years ago in the S67 ) As far as bean heads go we now run the Dyna flex and I can count on one finger how many stones go into the combine each year

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.