The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking at possibly buying a 2010 Rogator 894H. 2200 hrs, has the CAT C7 engine. What’s the good, bad and ugly about these machines?
I noticed only a couple welded spots on it, looks good otherwise. It’s sitting on leaf springs instead of airbags. How is the C-channel frame for twisting (most of my land is rolling hills and uneven terrain). Are those CAT engines any good ?

Any insights are greatly appreciated

·
Registered
675 Posts
Good tough sprayers. Frame is a strong point. Bags are better than springs but I imagine springs are even less maintenence. (Zero)

Change hyd oils( iso100) religiously and the cat motors run better on expensive oil. Huei injection etc. They don't like starting in the cold, use 5w40 when it's below 10c.

Check gearbox oil dipstick left side behind motor make sure it's not burnt. Same for HYD oil.

Check kingpins take grease.

Put gator into 4th gear and push stick full ahead, it should bypass through the relief. If it tries to move might have issues.

Is it a 994 or a 984? The 8 series still had Sampo/black bruin wheel motors the 9 series has the JD/case style planetary. Both should be fine as they upsized the BBC wheel motors in the last model years.

The 2010/11 year machines are supposed to be pretty bulletproof as it was end of the production run before the new style came in.
Last of the real agchem units before agco really put their dickbeaters all over them They're just a little more old school but very capable machines.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it’s a 984, so would have the older style drive motors.
I didn’t realize this thing had gears with the hydrostat. Do you shift with the 2 buttons on the back of the hydrostatic handle? I haven’t started or driven this rogator yet.

·
Registered
675 Posts
it’s a 984, so would have the older style drive motors.
I didn’t realize this thing had gears with the hydrostat. Do you shift with the 2 buttons on the back of the hydrostatic handle? I haven’t started or driven this rogator yet.
Yes those are the shift buttons. Pull stick back when you shift up push ahead shifting down.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Great machines really. Airbags are significantly smoother. The engine has great power but as stated is a terrible cold weather starter. The frame is strong, light, and flexible. We have over 3000 hours on ours and haven't had any major problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts