The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year we had trouble with the 2388 we bought with the rad plugging up quickly. It turned out the screen had holes in it and the rubber sealing strip was wore out. So $1800 and a few hours later new one was on. It lasted a whole 50 hrs before the wear strip and black rubber seal was wore out. Now the rad and air cleaner plug quite easily. I'm not impressed. Is there any way to fix it right. The roto screen should have a shroud infront of it so it takes air from above the combine. How do I fix it properly?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Last year we had trouble with the 2388 we bought with the rad plugging up quickly. It turned out the screen had holes in it and the rubber sealing strip was wore out. So $1800 and a few hours later new one was on. It lasted a whole 50 hrs before the wear strip and black rubber seal was wore out. Now the rad and air cleaner plug quite easily. I'm not impressed. Is there any way to fix it right. The roto screen should have a shroud infront of it so it takes air from above the combine. How do I fix it properly?
No need to but a new screen. There is a kit that comes with that yellow strip and some rivets to secure it at the seem. Works well and a lot cheaper. Other thing to check for is how the wheels on the inside of the door run against the screen wheel. They shouldn't push the screen but a little tension is ok. Just make sure all the way around the screen that the rubber seal actually rides on the strip and doesn't run on the screen frame anywhere.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have new rubber seal and yellow strip to install. I'll follow your recommendations on the install. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts