The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the way the rest of the crop is going to come off I was wondering if anyone had put these in two help keep stuff moving through? I have the s3 rotor and wondering if this was worth it

·
Registered
754 Posts
There are two lengths of pins. shorter ones for the concave area and longer ones for the seperator grate area. A few years ago I tried some long ones in the grate area and did not like them at all. They caused some bad shaking or vibrating in the rotors when things got tough going, so I removed them after a couple days. This year I cut the long ones down to the shorter length and put them in the concave area. I started out with three rows of three pins but ended up leaving just 1 row of three pins on each rotor about in the middle of the concave. I feel this helped reduce rotor loss somewhat. Too many pins seem to take a lot of power and seems you can go from 75% engine power to 105% instantly, so don't get too carried away with them. More is not better in this case.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so you did them for loss? If it spikes power that much it probably isnt the right thing for already tough conditions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts