The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my rotor jumped out of gear while cutting yesterday. now it will not stay in low or med but wil run in high. i finished cutting beans in high but everytime i put it in med or low it will jump back out when you engage the rotor. any ideas about my problem. i bought it new and it has 350 rotor hours on it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have been changing the speed of the box from med to high in the back under the rotor belt and not using the lever in the door next to the cab. i never changed the one in the door to match the one in the back. have i screwed it up

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've never actually looked but I'm pretty sure there is a linkage that connects the two shift levers. When you shift one the other moves as well so you can't screw it up that way.

According to the other thread it does sound like the shift linkage does seize up in the engine bay on the '03 and newer models. I would imagine that yours is newer than '03 with the hours it has.

Wish I could be more help, we've never had this problem so I can't really tell you anything else.

·
Registered
211 Posts
There was some issues with certain year three speed rotor gear boxes. I think it was a problem with the gears as they had switched suppliers, but I can't remember what the exact problem was. I know it caused them to jump out of gear. You're dealer should be able to find a service bulletin. If you have a fairly new 2300 it might fall into that category. I remember changing a few and we had to wait for a while and run some machines with handle in engine bay tied back both ways so it would not jump out of gear because CIH service rep told us if we ordered a new one it was likely going to do the same thing as they had not yet got issue resolved.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it is a 2005 when it was jumping out i had a slug in the rotor. i put it back in mulitiple times ad it would jump back out. but the first time it was cutting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just remember that the 3 speed box's use gear oil and not Hytran like the 2 speed boxes. If your control lever isn't fully meshing your gears I suggest looking for wear in your linkages or material blockage. A 3 speed box which is not fully engaged is likely to fail and crack the housing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts