The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to pull the gearbox off the rotor so I can change the output shaft, my problem is, how do I get the torque sensor off the shaft? It's a 2000 model and I have the bolt out of the end but the hub won't come off to get the spring and jaws out to get the shivs off. Thanks.
Mike

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mike, please do not get up in there and work on it, without putting the bolt back in it, at least halfway, till you get the outside hub broke loose. Things will fly apart when you least expect it, could cause serious injury. There is an O-R in the outside hub. When we had our R62 apart, I think the O-R kinda welded itself to the shaft, for lack of better words. We took a 4x4 and drove it into the cylinder drive pulleys to break ours loose. If I remember correctly putting in back together, the bolt is just long enough to start, before it compresses the spring can. Then you roll things over while you tighten it up. We had the bolt clear out, when ours flew apart, the noise scared the ---- out of me, then had to sit there and be thankful I our my bother was not up in there when it went.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I asked an Agco mechanic if it would fly apart and he told me no, but I've had enough of these types of pulleys apart and seen enough old timers with missing fingers from them to know better. So I put the bolt back in about half way and got the hub cherry red twice, beat on it, and finally went and ate dinner came back out and tapped it once and thump here it came. The shaft was covered in grease and I got the o ring out so I don't why it hung on like that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I changed my rotor gear box output shaft with the gear box in the machine. This was on a 1993 r-62 so I don't know if there where any changes on the newer machines that would limit you from doing the work with the box still bolted in the combine. It would be worth a closer look. It turned it into a pretty simple job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts