The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In parts, they list the tooth count for the driven gears, but not the tooth count on the input shaft gears. I'm trying to find the ratios of any of the 80 thru 88 series boxes. Even the 3 speed boxes if you know what they are would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
I replaced a 3sp in a 02? 2388 and I was messing with it a bit and I think high was just 1:1, someone had previously replaced this one but they used a piece of heater hose on the dip stick tube, retards, busted the case to pieces so I had a little peek in there but didn't pay alot of attention

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I replaced a 3sp in a 02? 2388 and I was messing with it a bit and I think high was just 1:1, someone had previously replaced this one but they used a piece of heater hose on the dip stick tube, retards, busted the case to pieces so I had a little peek in there but didn't pay alot of attention
The factory uses an oil proof hose from the case to the dip stick. This is how they designed the oil drain into the system. Did someone replace that hose with a non oil proof hose?

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
The broken gearbox we pulled out had a case reman tag on the rotor side and who ever was the genius that installed it replaced the oil drain\dip stick hose with heater hose and the hose ate to pieses, lost the oil, and that was all she wrote

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.