The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cutting approximately 60 bu wheat and I'm getting alot of threshed wheat build up on the left back axle and on the ground. Is this just part of it or can I make some adjustments to get this minimized?
rotor speed 800
vane position fast
lw concaves
slotted grates with the channel iron in the slots on the outside of grates.
thanks in advance

·
Registered
352 Posts
on our 1460 we have our vanes set at the mid position and i think rotor around 1000 grates the same as yours but we use small wire concaves but i dont think that woiuld change your problem with it not threshing the heads

·
Registered
352 Posts
well i looked in our notes and we set the rotor at 900 no load and the fan at 850-900 no load, the top sieve at 1/2 inch using drill bits to check it and bottom sieve at 15/64

·
Registered
211 Posts
I would definitly move the vanes back to mid position. With the smooth grates, I could never get completely rid of rotor loss. If you are not concernred about straw quality, then you could run the keystock grates, and that would help rotor loss problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is the same way I started out with mine this year. then (not all at one time)by the end of the day I was setting like this....

Rotor 800 under load
top sieve- front closed and back open a little better than 1/2 inch
bottom - a little less than 1/4
fan- cranked my fan speed up to 900 under load.

I managed to clean my sample up remarkably well, but there is still a lot of good looking grain piled up on the back axle when I get off to do a walk around at each dump.

I guess the only thing left to do is to change my transition veins to mid position. That way I can tell everybody that I run mine like adk247 does.

I'm going to try the drill bit thing... seems like a good idea to get it exact every time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was getting a lot of trash in my sample. Threshed heads+straw pieces. I'm going to start back to cutting tomorrow and I'm going to open it up a bit with my drill bit gages.

Are the transition veins to be changed over the whole rotor or just on top of the concaves?

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts