The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently cutting soybeans with 9770 and 35' macdon. I have rpr concaves in with 2 cover plates on. Combine had been having very little grain loss and was horsepower limited. Now I am in 80+ bu beans with green stems and am having rotor loss if I get over 3mph. I have concave at 23, rotor usually 600 but have tried 550-680. Fan 1050, Chaffer 18, sieve 12. No shoe loss and sample ok. What speed should I run rotor to help? Is concave ok? I may be at the machine's separating limits with crop conditions but would like to be as productive as can without sacrificing losses.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have the rpr too,I think 1 cover plate would be enough, then the beans can can get separated earlier.I would try my rotor at 700. I had mine there today and it was doing a nice,job.jmo

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not familiar with rpr concave but to me the concave seems plenty wide. With round bar we are around 16 to sometimes 13 and run around 600 rpm. This is running a 30 ft head. We usually run a cpl cover strips also. are the beans them self dry? Shell easily?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Leave both cover plates in and run 650-700 with concaves at 10 or less, I would be closer to 0 than 10.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The beans are shelling fine being only 10% moisture. I will try keeping rotor 650-700 instead of running 600. I thought about closing concave in some but since they were thrashing fine I did not. Debating on whether to take 1 cover strip off to help them fall through sooner. I think I will try it just don't want to have to stop to put back in after I get started. Thanks for help.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Take one cover plate off. Rotor at 700 plus if your not cracking beans. Fan 1000 or more. Concave at 8-18. Rotor at 700 will help the disrupters in the back. Thanks Donnie

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. Closed concave some, rotor 700, and removed one cover strap. It was doing better. Had header blow a line and did not run all day but it showed less loss and ground check ok. Late in evening the rotor loss went up yesterday. I will see tomorrow.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I agree with farmerJones that it's possible to run the concave too wide. What I don't understand is how you guys are running your rotors at 6-700 rpm? Maybe it was just difference in conditions and variety but we cut a lot of 70-80 bushel green stem beans in the Texas panhandle and I don't think I've ever had my rotor over 450. Had the most beautiful sample with zero splits. Running 5mph with 35' draper on 9660

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some varieties are fine. The as grow 5233 I am cutting are the ones. They are tall and loaded up twin row. The beans are 11% but stalks completely green. They were sprayed last week. I said about 80 bu but they are cutting more. Yield monitor not calibrated but runs in 90's mostly and over 100 some. Based on other fields monitor is around 5 bu or tad more high. I am not trying to boast about beans just trying to let you know conditions. Lot of beans and lot of green stalk going through there. Yesterday after making changes I was hp limited before line on header broke. I think removing 1 cover strap helped more than anything but not sure as I made all changes when I started. I had very little loss but was still only 3.5 mph max due to hp and bumping of green stems. In 4632's I cut 10 ac of yesterday I could go over 4 mph without loss at 70 bu/ac.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Farmerjones, obviously YOU know nothing about my RPR System although I have made numerous attempts to contact YOU (posting my phone #and asking you to call and I have e-mailed you two times with no response) to explain my products. The RPR Thrashing/Separating Concave has been greatly excepted all over the US, Canada and overseas. Indiana dealers are installing the RPR systems in their new S Series combines before the customers take delivery. The system works. So until you know first hand what you are talking about I would appreciate you leaving the trouble shooting to me. Donnie 765-258-4024 Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts