The Combine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would cause my rotor adjustment speed to not let it slow below 540 rpm? It slowed to lower speed last year. I can see where paint was wore on shieves

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another way to say it is that the range on the CEBIS rotor adjustment page goes from 540 to 980. Used to be 340 or so I thought on the low side

·
Registered
760 Posts
I am thinking you need to put the cylinder drive in low range and then do a new learning on speeds

·
Super Moderator
4,263 Posts
Shouldn’t matter where the cylinder speed range is for rotor calibration, they are not related.
Wouldn’t hurt to try but shouldn’t matter.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Yes I was thinking we were talking about cylinder speed. My bad. It should not have any influence on the rotor speed, but perhaps a speed learn will help. Not sure on the corn machines, but I have never been that slow on my rotors doing small grains.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've done the learning several times with no luck. Wasn't sure what else to try. Low range on CEBIS for rotor reads at 510 or so it won't try to slow down any more.

·
Registered
535 Posts
When’s the last time you replaced those plastic bushing in the variable speed hub? It might be binding

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Their recommended settings on corn are to run rotors same speed as cylinder. That’s what I’ve always done. I’m running some 22% corn and running cylinder at 360 rpms.

Ran a few more learning speeds and have it down to 490 on rotor speed. Now it’s saying faulty rotor adjustment when I run learning

·
Super Moderator
4,263 Posts
Oh, corn, sorry. Different game.
what model, did not some machines have two speed rotor range?
Or am I mixing up fixed speed units?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its a 2019 740TT. I am not aware of two speed, but you would know way more than me. How would you change if it was a two speed?

·
Super Moderator
4,263 Posts
Its a 2019 740TT. I am not aware of two speed, but you would know way more than me. How would you change if it was a two speed?
No worry, if it’s that new it is single drive variable speed.

I just know enough to be dangerous.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I’m sure rotors don’t go below 500. Just not mechanically possible….unless at idle.
I thought in the manual it looked like the long belt that drives the rotor variators could be put on a different size pulley for different applications. I'm in the U.S. cornbelt and the machine is set up as a corn/soybean machine. All the clinics I've been to they want the rotors running around 370-400, the same speed as you run the cylinder in corn. I'm just wondering if they come from factory set to run different speeds for different applications? Corn is probably only crop to run that slow?

In soybeans, they recommend to us to start rotors at 200 rpms over whatever you run cylinder speed, which would put rotors around 750-800 rpm.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts