The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a rotor question for those of you with more experience than I have. For wheat, barley, peas, and possible blue grass what would be the best all around rotor to run? We do not cut corn. The machine is a 1470 that has the 1600 series cage in it. Planning on putting a Kile kit in it this winter and present rotor needs balanced. Could have a specialty rotor if I want to pull out of another machine. Bars on both rotors seem to have about same amount of wear. Running Lowen concaves 2 small wire one large for wheat. All large wire for barley and peas. Have been happy with the samples. Blue grass will be a new crop. Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions in advance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the information. Located on the Camas Prairie area of Idaho. Near Lewiston. Ron Kile had suggested going with the sharpen Kile blades so that is what I got. The maize bars that you mentioned, who handles them?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally had a chance to visit with the previous owner of the 1470 machine I can get the rotor out of. Turns out it is a rice rotor. Now I am not sure what that is doing in a wheat machine here in the PNW but that is what it is. In its glory days this was an experimental machine that the factory played with so I guess it is possible that it might have a little bit of anything on it. It is a very low serial number machine but has been updated to electric over hyd controls. All sorts of interesting things to be found on it. So if anyone is needing a rice rotor a trade might be possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts