The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use these round bar concaves on a 21 or 2388? Had issues in wet corn or when frosty or snowed on corn leaves were melting. I run OEM large wire now with every other wire out on 2nd and every 3rd on the 3rd concave. 2nd one plugged solid with leaves and first and third a little. Mechanic said they now have round bar concave 'update' for the combine. Suggested running it on corn and beans. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Used round bar for the first time this year in corn soy and wheat in our 7010 and I think they are much better than the alternatives in snow and wet conditions Would recomend them to anyone and do't see that it would be different in a 21 or 23

·
Registered
211 Posts
My experience is that round bar concaves are the only way to really eliminate plugging. I know of several people running them in 1600, 2100, 2300, 8010 combines and they all like them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought about getting a set for my 2577. A neighbor really likes them in corn and milo. Will they work in barley or wheat?

Thanks,
Shawn

·
Registered
211 Posts
I wouldn't think that they would work very well in small grains. I have never tried, always ran small wire concaves for grain. I don't think that the round bars would be aggressive enough to thrash small grains, especially hard red winter weat.

·
Registered
40 Posts
we use 2 sets of small wire in the front and 2 sete of round bar in the rear in wheat and really liked the results. it seemed to leave the straw long enough when it was dry and allowed us to keep the wheat from going through the rotor when it was damp We combined wheat much later into the evening tha we had ever done befor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts