The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone has used round bar concaves before and if so which manufacturer? We are having problems with the concaves plugging in both our machines, 2144 and 2388, to the point where we need to run the concave tighter than we would like to keep them clean. This is creating excess broken cob in the sample. We have every other wire pulled in the concaves at the start and during one of the many rain delays put the wires back in the first concave which has helped some but we are still getting some plugging. From what I have read round bar concaves seem to be getting a lot of attention and praise so wondering what others thoughts, experiences, and opinions are

Thanks

·
Registered
929 Posts
Not to sure about round bar concaves... but i know guys around here run the kuchar concaves. All the 8010s around here have them inside and they say it takes less power and gives a better sample. Not sure why but the 8010s around here seem to have more trouble with the concaves hairpining trash then any of the other red combines. My dealer thinks its in part to the 22/2400 series corn heads pulling in so much more trash then the 1000 series heads.

·
Registered
36 Posts
We run Case round bar threshing modules in our 8010. This will be the third season we have used them in corn. They do a good job and we have less trouble with them plugging with trash, especially when the corn get very dry. I also think they crack less kernels.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
I run all round bars now in my 8010. I had two large wires in and they filled up all the time round bars stay nice and clean and give great sample. I don't know why CIH doesn't make them for the little combines
I think it stem from BT corn and taking alot trash in.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has left the round bars in for soybeans and what you have found? Round bars make sense in corn especially high moisture but I would think that the regular concaves would do a better job in soys than the rond bars would.

·
Registered
100 Posts
In Europe it is usual to run in corn with round bar concaves. I'm wondering about the discussion, cause I thought that they are usual in the US too. But keep in mind that you can get troubles to get the last few kernels off the cob in hard conditions!!! >So we started to mix the concaves, leave a large wire as the last concave in the threshing area to make shure to get everything off and to have a clean and good sample in the tank!

TOM

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. Sorry I have posted lately been in the fields going like mad since the weather has decided to co-operate. The Kuchar concaves are of interest also. They claim you can run them in all crops. Has anyone done this? We harvest wheat, beans (soys and edibles) and corn. Is it possible to get desirable samples and performance from one concave in all these crops?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts