The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body using round bar grates in their 10 or 20 series while cutting wheat? I was thinking it would allow grain out well with out tearing the MOG up to bad and overloading the seive. I have a 2188 so i was thinking if ya'll had good luck with it i might modify some keystocks with round stock. TIA

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yes, tried it this year worked good if the straw was dry and ripe for harvest. If straw was green/tough would see some rotor loss vs having skip wires in the rear at the same load level so be careful. Straw was much longer for baling with the round bars in the back.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I need somebody out there to explain to me how round bar concaves work. I have been rebuilding and hard faceing Case=IH axiel flow concaves for 28 years now, Ray Stickel who some of you older guys know told me back when I started that the square edge on the concave bar restricks the flow of grain and forces grain to rub on grain. That is thrashing. The squarer the edge- the better the thrash. I know that this works because of all my customers have been happy with my products. If any of you can shead some light on this please contact me at C M Welidng Inc. 765-891-1722 or e-mail [email protected] Thanks Donnie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts