The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have one feild of rr canola that is a mess of weeds right now and would like to spray it with glyphosate to clean it up before i swath. im wondering if its ok to spray full rate right away? the crop is no longer flowering and the pods are all filling but the seeds are still soft. do i need to wait for it to ripen more or can i spray it at this stage? i recall guys adding glyphosate when they sprayed for bugs when the crop was at a similar stage not sure if thats correct or not tho

· Registered
115 Posts
I seen a few guys do it, if it's bad enough it might be worth it for next year...you will probley have weed seeds in your sample still... If your next crop has good good weed control options you might wanna clean it up next year.

· Registered
2,500 Posts
Well, according to the SK 2014 Crop Protection Book, under Glyphosate, section 8: Preharvest Perennial Weed Control, it shows up to 360g/ac for canola. Grain moisture should be less than 30% which for canola translates to pods are green to yellow, most seeds are yellow to brown.

The other thing to consider, which I didn't see in the Glyphosate section in the book, is Pre-harvest interval. Not sure if it is different in canola compared to wheat, barley, etc.

Andrew

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.