The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here are the pics of our row crop head on our tr98. the milo is falling down and we are picking it up.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
if you notice, the clutch had to be turned around and made to work. (trust me, it works, i slipped it about 3 times today)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Row Head looks like it fit well. Recently purchased one (653A)to eventually get to the same point, however ultimately to cut sunflowers. Was wondering what the adapter looks like that you built to join the two, as there appears not to be a "bish". Any head speed problems? Would appreciate seeing any additonal pictures, and possibly visiting sometime regarding more details.

Thanks from a fellow KSU alumni........GHS

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im sure i could show it to you sometime if i am back in kansas.

dad built this one from experience he did with one a couple years ago. the header feederhouse opening is bigger than the feederhouse on the combine. so he split the difference and plated it closed.

in pic 7, you can see the angled steel that is used to help the feederhouse get centered. the head is held on by bolts as you can see in 6.

speed problems? no, but our head was running a little slow. we manually sped it up (i am not sure if it was the feederhouse motor or not)

this is the second row crop head on this combine and it worked well and paid for itself in one field

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tg230 with a kmw loader. (formerly great bend i belive). Its the heaviest dang loader ive ever seen. it really takes abuse

·
Registered
57 Posts
is it heavy or can it lift heavy???
I have seen some Ålö Quicke models here that probably are the same size. I´ve sat in a Claas Axion 850 once with a loader and I can tell that it wasn´t necessary with a front window....you couldn´t see nothing out off it bacause off the loader and all brackets. I wouldn´t like that on a 260 hp tractor. Here it is common with loader on small tractors (about 100hp) and then there are a lot off wheel loaders like Volvo, Cat and JCB. But your loader do look nice on that 230.

Tg is a great tractor I do drive a 285 for ploughing and cultivating.
http://combineforums.proboards42.com/ind....ay&thread=11760

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its built VERY heavy and it is pretty strong. i ran over a stump when grading the pasture and it sheared the stump off and didnt shutter...... at that point, i was very impressed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts