The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any rr1 soybean seed for sale, that I can buy legally from a dealer? (00 maturity) What maturity soybeans do you raise in Canada? (maybe like warren or isis?) I pretty much farm 140 miles south of Winnipeg.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Does anyone know of any rr1 soybean seed for sale, that I can buy legally from a dealer? (00 maturity) What maturity soybeans do you raise in Canada? (maybe like warren or isis?) I pretty much farm 140 miles south of Winnipeg.
I've raised 003's from Thunder Seeds. you might be able to get away with 2400 + CHU beans whereas I like to stay less than that. RR1s might be tougher to come by, try Pioneer branded beans. I think it's them who are using the RR1 platform.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Pioneer makes you sign a contract that you won't reuse the seed. Pride had a variety last year. Warrens are way to early for your area. You would be giving up too much yield. Had them beside thunder 32004's and 7 bushels difference.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Pioneer has a trait patent on their soybeans, I cannot find any other variety of rr1. Would like to buy a variety rr1 and pay their royalties this year, so I could save seed for next. This coming season numbers are going to tight, maybe could shave some inputs for the year after.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Pioneer makes you sign a contract that you won't reuse the seed. Pride had a variety last year. Warrens are way to early for your area. You would be giving up too much yield. Had them beside thunder 32004's and 7 bushels difference.
Right know we raise 0091 to 0043 on late seeding, by the thunder numbers I am assuming they are 0040. Last year, we had around 2500 CHU, but last year was a cold season. Our yields last year were between 30 to 38 bu, that's hauled in not what the monitors say. Mbfarmer what maturity do you think Warrens are? Thinking for next season

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
I would say the warrens are ooo's. I would say they matured 4 maybe five days earlier than the 004's. They grow very tall with too much distance between the nodes. The last two years they have been up to my chest so they aren't any fun to combine especially if they are green stems like in 2012. They were the first good early variety on the market but they just don't yield well enough to continue growing them for me. I think the pride number was p0027. They yielded very good in the trials but I have never grown them. Most companies still selling rr1's are making you sign a contract so you can't use them for seed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts