The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
where can a guy get some roundup sweet corn seed . My kids want to try and grow some again . Last year we started about 200 plants in the house tell it quite freezing hard. Then transplanted them on the edge of a field next to the shed.... It is normally dry ground so when we started putting water to it there of coarse were a lot of weeds... then they got wiped out in the big hail storm...

So to give them the best chance to mature I would stat them in the house again and transplant them I think it would be great to have them gmo so I can hit them a few times with round up instead of pulling weeds by hand forever... and hopefully get a fast maturing corn. the only corn around where I live is silage corn so where can I find the extreamly small amount of seed. Every place I look the only brag about them not being gmo... thanks guys

·
Registered
603 Posts
U can find rr ready sweet corn seed at jordan seeds inc. spendy but worth it. I dont think corn would transplant real well. How short of a season do you have? U can get rr sweet corn in a 79day.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Dieseldog wow 79 days would definitially work . when I transplanted them they were only a few inches high . Transplanting seemed to work pretty good I probably will not bother with that short I think the seed I got last year was 114 days

1 - 5 of 5 Posts