The Combine Forum banner

301 - 320 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
With the current version of u-center it is not possible to generate 1002 and 1004 messages.
We have asked the question to u-blox support to get an official answer.
Hi jolivart,

I was just wondering if the 1W Digi Xbee-Pro SX module would be compatible as a base transmitter with the current LR kit 20mW XBbee-SX receivers as rovers?
Possibly would have to have a separate external supply to the module?

I have been playing around with my LR kit and am very happy so far, worked straight out of the box.
The rover gets RTK Fix very quickly from a cold start and after mounting the antennas on 200x200mm ground planes it maintains a fixed solution well.
They also fitted nicely in the pelican boxes i ordered, just waiting on another SMA pigtail to finish off.

Cheers, Rammy
Hello Rammy,

Your setup looks great!

1W Digi Xbee-Pro SX modules are compatible (according to Digi) with 20mW XBee-SX receivers but:
- 1W SX modules are only available for North America, Australia and Brazil, they don't do 868MHz units for Europe
- You will need to power them with an external source, since they draw up to [email protected] and the simpleRTK2B can't supply enough power
- You will need to build the adapter from the 1W XBee SX modules to the XBee socket (like we have done with the LR radios)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hello Rammy,

Your setup looks great!

1W Digi Xbee-Pro SX modules are compatible (according to Digi) with 20mW XBee-SX receivers but:
- 1W SX modules are only available for North America, Australia and Brazil, they don't do 868MHz units for Europe
- You will need to power them with an external source, since they draw up to [email protected] and the simpleRTK2B can't supply enough power
- You will need to build the adapter from the 1W XBee SX modules to the XBee socket (like we have done with the LR radios)
Good thing I'm an Aussie so I can have a play with one :49:

I see I can get a mounted development kit with 2 x 1W Xbee Pro's and 1 x 20mW Xbee for $199USD, might be a good base station upgrade option down the track. 105km range line of sight apparently.

Or you could sell us a couple of your bare adapter boards jolivart ;)

For anyone else that interested I got 3 days and 5 hours on my base station with the 20,000mAh battery pack
I'm going to try again with 2 x battery packs, one into each of the USB ports as multiply power sources is supported

Attachments

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Rammy, so these transceivers are some kind of mesh setup. Do they require two-way linking? In other words, if my base station is high powered, will it still be able to talk to a low powered receiver, say 20 miles away (depending on line of sight)?

I must say the many different radio types are quite bewildering. I like the idea of spread spectrum (frequency hopping) rather than having to pick a channel that might stomp on a neighbor. But I don't really need mesh capability; I just want one-way transmission to the roving units I think. Would be nice to have 10 mile radius range on the base station radio too. Reading the manual, it appears the SX units support peer to peer mode, which is probably what I want.

I've got a bunch of 9xTend modules that might still work; they are older, but still compatible with currently-sold units. Maybe that's the direction I should go.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good thing I'm an Aussie so I can have a play with one :49:

I see I can get a mounted development kit with 2 x 1W Xbee Pro's and 1 x 20mW Xbee for $199USD, might be a good base station upgrade option down the track. 105km range line of sight apparently.

Or you could sell us a couple of your bare adapter boards jolivart ;)

For anyone else that interested I got 3 days and 5 hours on my base station with the 20,000mAh battery pack
I'm going to try again with 2 x battery packs, one into each of the USB ports as multiply power sources is supported
Yesterday we ordered a couple of 1W US XBee modules to verify their compatibility with our adapters and maybe to think of a redesign to be able to power them by an external source.
If we find an elegant and working solution we will sell them in our store.

·
Registered
87 Posts
torriem, I think its down to how you setup the radios; point to point, mesh or multipoint.
Maybe a good question for jolivart to confirm but my thoughts are the receiver power wouldn't matter and its setup as one way communications?

Your not wrong there, the range of different radio options seems endless. Throw in the LoRa options & all the different propriety protocols, enough to make my head hurt.

jolivart, Sounds great mate thanks for making the effort.
Simple question, but can you confirm that this is 'one way' comms and the 20mW receiver power won't affect the range of the 1W transmitter?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks, Its a 20,000mAh USB battery pack
I've been doing a run down test and I'm up to 2-1/2 days and about 1/2 charge going by the packs LED's
I'll let you guys know how long it lasts but for me swapping out the battery every 4 or 5 days will be fine for seeding or reaping
Another option, if you use Dewalt 20V cordless tools, would be a USB power source. Once one battery runs dead just change it out and you are up and running again and it will only take an hour or so to recharge the old battery. compared to nearly all day with the 20,000 mAh USB battery pack

A 5.0 AH battery should have close to the same watt hours than a 20,000 mAh USB battery pack

20 Ah (20,000 mAh) X 5 V = 100 WH vs 5.0 Ah X 18 V = 90 WH

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
For prototyping purposes the Ardusimple module is easier to work with. Has nice headers to solder to. With Andreas NTRIP code for AOG (corrections over internet instead of radio) , however, the CGShop version is more ideal as you only need to interface with it with USB. Pretty neat stuff! Awaiting my ardusimple boards sometime next month.

Looks like the CGShop board has a little header for output if you don't use USB. Andreas, is this a little plug?hat pitch are the pins?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Another option, if you use Dewalt 20V cordless tools, would be a USB power source. Once one battery runs dead just change it out and you are up and running again and it will only take an hour or so to recharge the old battery. compared to nearly all day with the 20,000 mAh USB battery pack

A 5.0 AH battery should have close to the same watt hours than a 20,000 mAh USB battery pack

20 Ah (20,000 mAh) X 5 V = 100 WH vs 5.0 Ah X 18 V = 90 WH
I run Makita cordless tools & I see they do a neat USB charger.
Defiantly another option, although long term I will probable get a couple gel cell batteries

https://www.amazon.com/Makita-ADP05-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Source/dp/B019WI5XXO

·
Registered
87 Posts
Finally got my brandnew NTRIP Client ready for take off.

Some week ago I decided to check if it's possible to bring a Ntrip Client to an Arduino style board.
Used again the excellent ESP32 from espressif, and once more written with Arduino IDE C.
Since I could not find any other Ntrip Client for the arduino, I had to start from from scratch.
There are some other clients written in C, but the code is very specific to the used hardware, just as mine.
At last i sniffed the traffic between a Client and the caster, and tried to do the same.

After the core was running, i added again a Webpage for configuration like my AG_Autosteer_ESP has.
At last I finished it with adding the UDP-NMEA Broadcast to AGOpenGPS also over WiFi.

Source: https://github.com/Coffeetrac/AG_NTRIP_ESP

https://youtu.be/iZvLepo1Dqg
Hello Wilhelm, I have tried to get this running with the F9P but did not get far.
I have a ESP32 Dev module connected to the F9P, I managed to access the setup web page and managed to view some messages by USB-connection with HTerm. In HTerm it shows the ntrip host connection fails and source table request gives error. In Lefebure's ntrip client and with a Reach I have no problem with the server settings.

Regarding UDP communication I have trouble finding the relevant beginner info. The wiki seems outdated on that point and was limited. With the ESP32 client and the tablet with AOG connected to the same mobile hotspot, the NMEA does not flow through automatically, some settings probably have to be altered in the arduino code or in AOG? Or is there a server setup to be done instead of the mobile hotspot?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hello Wilhelm, I have tried to get this running with the F9P but did not get far.
I have a ESP32 Dev module connected to the F9P, I managed to access the setup web page and managed to view some messages by USB-connection with HTerm. In HTerm it shows the ntrip host connection fails and source table request gives error. In Lefebure's ntrip client and with a Reach I have no problem with the server settings.

Regarding UDP communication I have trouble finding the relevant beginner info. The wiki seems outdated on that point and was limited. With the ESP32 client and the tablet with AOG connected to the same mobile hotspot, the NMEA does not flow through automatically, some settings probably have to be altered in the arduino code or in AOG? Or is there a server setup to be done instead of the mobile hotspot?

If already the sourcetable request fails, your casteraddress or port must be wrong (maybe without http://...), try the IP address instead.
UDP NMEA should simply start after the esp is getting correct NMEA sentences, if you can access the Webpage it should work.
Have disabled the accesspoint mode since the NTRIP client need internet access to work.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was using the IP address of the NTRIP-caster and have tried the valid variations in host name and mount points. Maybe it has something to do with the specific caster (ntrip.flepos.be). A year ago, the Reach software was not able to get the mount points downloaded, it had to be filled in manually. With software updates this was solved. The mountpoints show up well in Lefebure's ntrip client.
So far nothing appears in AOG via UDP, I checked correct working of TX,RX output with a bluetooth module, NMEA should be getting to the ESP32 well.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was using the IP address of the NTRIP-caster and have tried the valid variations in host name and mount points. Maybe it has something to do with the specific caster (ntrip.flepos.be). A year ago, the Reach software was not able to get the mount points downloaded, it had to be filled in manually. With software updates this was solved. The mountpoints show up well in Lefebure's ntrip client.
So far nothing appears in AOG via UDP, I checked correct working of TX,RX output with a bluetooth module, NMEA should be getting to the ESP32 well.

Have checked your Caster, uses IP: 193.190.76.53 Port 2101 , works out of the box here?

Are you using this https://github.com/Coffeetrac/AG_NTRIP_ESP or the not yet released ENH

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
I use the normal client in your link. Here is an output I receive. I tried with the same parameters for the caster as in your picture, something must be wrong in my setup but can't find what.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
I use the normal client in your link. Here is an output I receive. I tried with the same parameters for the caster as in your picture, something must be wrong in my setup but can't find what.
Something is wrong with the Hotspot, the ESP doesn‘t get correct access to the internet, have you tried a regular router instead

301 - 320 of 412 Posts