The Combine Forum banner

401 - 412 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
andreas

Thanks for your fantastic wiki
but have you a complete wiring plan ,scheme or else for a basic 20 -50com autosteer
I dont know where to start from

·
Registered
788 Posts
andreas

Thanks for your fantastic wiki
but have you a complete wiring plan ,scheme or else for a basic 20 -50com autosteer
I dont know where to start from
for the first start you need:

arduino + connection board
wheel angle sensor
motor controller
and motor

later you can add modules for heading and roll

·
Registered
74 Posts
Tell me about Dual antenna using M8t's with rtk!
Do I need to run 2 rtklib's to get both positions rtk corrected?
Use esp32 to workout heading and format into $PAOGI? Or use rtklib ?

Also will an M9P work as a base feeding into Rtk2go with my L1 M8t's?

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
State run corrected RTK

JB_1 if you are here jump in, any other help also appreciated.

The state of IA, USA has a state run RTK system which covers the state and is free to use as a base station. I puts out corrected info via the internet. Will there just be a port to input a url to pull this info in?

As you can tell I'm just getting started. I'll be ordering parts Monday.

Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
rayjorgensen, I have been using an Iowa RTN account with my Emlid Reach M+ RTK receivers and I had to enter an IP address or URL, my username, my password, and the radio type I wanted to connect to. I had that before NTRIP capability was added into AOG so I have not used that yet. I did use the Emlid/Iowa RTN with AOG and it works really well. The Emlid unit typically reports 1 x 1 x 0.5 cm accuracy with a tower 29 km away. A new tower was just installed 9 km away so that seems to be about the same.

·
Registered
133 Posts
rayjorgensen - I've kinda drifted away for the last month or so. Planting season for us here was about 3 days at the end of May and another 3 at the end of June. Rest of the spring / early summer was monsoon season.

I was quite happy with my system this spring. After getting the Autosteer parameters dialed in, I planted everything (for me, that's a whopping 160 acres) with AgOpen. I'd steer the outside round to get the field and boundary set, then use the contour follow for additional passes. Once I got the headlands done, I'd use an A-B line and U-turn to plant the bulk of the field. I really was spoiled only having to raise and lower the planter on each pass. U-turn worked well and I trusted it enough that about 150 of the 160 acres were planted with the markers up.

This was done with a Ublox F9P-C99 board, DOG2 and the ardunio connections. No heading. It wasn't perfect, but was better than manual. I ran RTK using a CORS correction from the state of Ohio. Use the AgOpen NTRIP server to feed corrections into the GPS. Worked like a charm. Only time I experienced any glitches was when thunderstorms were rolling through. I have about an hour then storms were 20 mi south of me (about where the closest CORS station was) that messed with my corrections I ended up in RTK float most of the time.

What can I help you with?

·
Registered
32 Posts
You've answered more than I was going to ask!!! You're success planting speaks to my question as a whole. The target question had to the with using the state data. How do you hook onto it - where is the setup?

Tablet an a bunch of other parts will be here tomarrow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used the CORS network in Wisconsin this year along with an f9p receiver. When i registered for the service i received an email with all the information i needed to use the NTRIP client built into AOG. I used my phone as a mobile hotspot for the tablet. It seemed very accurate for planting corn. Even coming back to replant wet spots 2 weeks later it put me in the same tracks.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I’m running a UBlox ZED F-9P with their antennae using our state CORS network and am extremely happy with it. Using the NTRIP on the incommand display. I’ve got very little money invested but a good bit of time, I’m using my own valve and controller for steering as this is on a turf sprayer. I’ve got a similar setup I use to locate buried irrigation components and it’s spot on everytime. Haven’t tried using two and having a base station yet. That’ll be next, as I want to compare a base here to the cors as far as accuracy.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Andreas, I see from YouTube that you are playing with the new Reach RS2 units. Are these based on the F9P? I see they have built-in LoRa radios. I assume they have the same external connector for power and data?

·
Registered
133 Posts
The more you tell of your success the more impatient I get!!!

What do you mean by "No heading"?
What I mean is that I didn't have a specific device providing heading. I've tried a couple of different devices to provide the heading and none seemed to do any better than just letting AgOpen derive it form the GPS. I think some use the BNO 055 for this. I even bought an aviation grade unit used and there's just too much harshness (vibration mainly) in the tractor.

I may go back to toying around with using Dual GPS's to get heading. I started doing this 18 mo or so ago with 2 Reach's, but gave up as it was too difficult to get good signals to lock in the the old generation L1 Reach units. With the F9P units, it's looking more plausible. My next project is to get stuff ready to mount on the combine. Will first focus on the beans. Not sure if it will be practical to be able to retrace my steps closely enough to follow the corn rows.

TO get the CORS corrections, I have a tablet I use as a mobile hotspot. Just connect the PC to the internet with the hotspot and then enter the right login info into the NTRIP service in AgOpen. (BTW - lesson learned, turn off the auto-updates and background sync on the PC. The first day I ran, it at 3GB of data syncing my google drive to the PC while I was out in the field)

401 - 412 of 412 Posts