The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a decant pair of pull over knee high rubber boots? I am sick of only getting 3-4 weeks out of them. Always seems the right one rips out first for me.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Occasionally kick the dirt clods with the left foot and the right boot will last longer.

More seriously, fireman's boots are made tough. Expensive but very good quality.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Ive had good luck with Muck boots....comfortable and long lasting. Only bad thing is they are the better part of 100 bucks!

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
I bought a pair of muck boots because the neighbors were bragging them up. Only wore them once and my feet couldn't take it. They do look like a good boot. I have a hard time to find a rubber boot that my feet can handle for anymore then a half hour.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The best boots ive had are the Dunlops. Lots of riggers wear them. They ar warm in the winter, cool in the summer and can wear all day and never bother me. They are expensive, about 200 -250 at Marks. But they last a long time. My brother has a pair, going on 6 years.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I bought a pair of muck boots because the neighbors were bragging them up. Only wore them once and my feet couldn't take it. They do look like a good boot. I have a hard time to find a rubber boot that my feet can handle for anymore then a half hour.
Muck boots do wear in as you wear them.....need to wear them longer and they will form to your feet better. If you deal with manure and mud you dont have much choice but wear them.....but will still be never as good as a nice pair of leather work boots!

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
The rubber boot's I've been wearing all year around when needing water proof boots and I just wear them as my winter boots are this type of Dunlop. As long as they don't get slashed open by something they will last for years and I personally like the huge bottom lugs for the traction in mud but stones can get stuck between the lugs but they also absorb the shock of walking, feel cushy to walk in. I find they give fairly good ankle support also but are a physically large boot to drive with but seems fine to me in the highway tractor. They are heavy and they are stupid expensive in Canada .. $ 230.00 . I used to buy the Baffin crap which was just a normal so called rubber boot and they would crack on the top of the foot from the flexing when walking and they only got used a little in the spring or fall, feet would freeze in minutes during the winter. Here's a link to the Dunlop's I wear but they do make various other types also.

Purofort Thermo+ full safety | Dunlop Boots

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guess I should clarify two things:

1. I am wanting knee high, pull over rubbers for my leather boots.

2. I have 5 kids. Pretty sure Trojan sponsors nothing for me!;)

·
Super Moderator
5,952 Posts
Dunlop rigger boots. Wear them for two weeks straight even if they hurt to wear them in. My pair has been with me since I started in the patch 6 years ago and they are still water proof and comfy. Warm even at -40

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I like Muck boots as well but need a lot of arch support.

I throw the factory liners away in everything (even red wings) and put some SuperFeet orange insoles in them. They don't look like much compared to all of the gel ones, but they actually work and last. Ifyou want warmth get the red hot ones. Same insole profile.

Amazon.com: Superfeet Men's Orange Premium Insoles,Orange,H: 15.5 - 17 US Mens: Shoes

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I must be hard on boots. My dunlops only last 3 winter seasons if I'm lucky. The fronts split open on mine and now the boot is starting to separate from the soul. I have a pair of the uninsulated dunlops for summer that I've had for 5 years. Best pair of rubber boots I've had.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I must be hard on boots. My dunlops only last 3 winter seasons if I'm lucky. The fronts split open on mine and now the boot is starting to separate from the soul. I have a pair of the uninsulated dunlops for summer that I've had for 5 years. Best pair of rubber boots I've had.

Hard on boots? Thats a long time. I'll get a year out of good Red Wings that I wear year round, no need for "rubbers" which around here are rubbers you put around your boots not knee highs or rain/mud boots.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,722 Posts
2. I have 5 kids. Pretty sure Trojan sponsors nothing for me!;)
No, but maybe Horny Goat Weed is in abundance at your place?:D

You got some deep Hog poop CPtusa? Or is ya frosty cold stuff starting to melt?

Waders perhaps?:eek:

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I have never worn a "shoe condom" but it brings back a memory of my grandpa who was from England wearing shoes inside of a multi front buckle bootie to keep his shoes dry .... that's "fancy lad" stuff to me.

My guess is that what most of those over boots are made from material that can't handle any abuse and if petroleum products spill or are walked into the whole thing falls to pieces. Here's a link to what I assume you are looking for as they claim "work" but yet say natural rubber which is no good at all around oils, diesel, gasoline etc

Rubber Work Overshoes | Shoe Care Headquarters

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
The best boots ive had are the Dunlops. Lots of riggers wear them. They ar warm in the winter, cool in the summer and can wear all day and never bother me. They are expensive, about 200 -250 at Marks. But they last a long time. My brother has a pair, going on 6 years.
x2
im at 9 year on mine

·
Premium Member
5,221 Posts
I have never worn a "shoe condom" but it brings back a memory of my grandpa who was from England wearing shoes inside of a multi front buckle bootie to keep his shoes dry .... that's "fancy lad" stuff to me.
Wore those all the time when I was a kid, my father still did up until he died. They had their good and bad points, was nice to be able to loose them during the day when it dried up and then you were in your shoes or leather boots, first thought that always comes to mind whenever I think of them is how many times as a kid, I had to repeatedly day after day explain to brain dead teachers at school that I wore overshoes and wasn't trying to sneak into the school with wet shoes on:rolleyes:

Never ever saw a pair that was knee high, that was a problem with those overshoes is they were only just over your ankles, no dam good for a kid doing chores:eek:

I've tried some of the more expensive ones in the past, sort of had to when still in the patch, I never found anything that really lasted, though never had any of these Dunlops....though they sound like they'd be really heavy:(
I just buy the cheap rubber boots at Peavey or Coop now, no need for any safety features anymore, sure they might only last a few months, but for around $14 bucks a pair cheap enough, no big deal if you go thru a couple pair a year;)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts