The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a CIH salesman in the yard today trying to sell me a articulating four wheel drive and he told me an interesting rumor.He said Agco is so disappointed with the Challenger sales that they are considering terminating Massey in North America with the hope that all the Massey guys will buy Challenger,anybody else heard this?Might be time to get rid of all my red iron.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I doubt AGCO would spend all that money upgrading factories in Jackson and Hesston if that were true. Farmac is correct..very poor salesman.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
poor/bad taste salesman i wouldnt deal with him. thats not how 2 sell any product
Hello Farmac
X2. Years ago when I was shopping for a new round baler, I went to look at a NH model. Talking to the salesman there, instead of him pointing out all the good design points of his product, he pointed out all the bad points of the competition (JD). He even gave me a copy (about 6 pages printed out) of this that was for his eyes only (sales staff). I was not impressed & did not go back there.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Ha ha. Other way around maybe. Everyone has driven a massy combine at one time or another. Challenger is a pretty uncommon name in the combine business.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hello Farmac
X2. Years ago when I was shopping for a new round baler, I went to look at a NH model. Talking to the salesman there, instead of him pointing out all the good design points of his product, he pointed out all the bad points of the competition (JD). He even gave me a copy (about 6 pages printed out) of this that was for his eyes only (sales staff). I was not impressed & did not go back there.:rolleyes:
that is funny. I always like salesman that can tell me why theirs' are better than the others.....I figure you go to the JD dealer to find out what is wrong with agco and case, case for the jd and agco, etc... then you can get everyones weak points and strong points and then figure it out for yourself. I think the weak points are almost as important as the strong points anymore. imho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts