The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentleman I am seeking photos of any owners combines for a section on my website entitled owners combines!? Any model from stateside or indeed anywhere would be most welcome!
My website is www yellowswirl.info Thank you guys!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Here are three pictures of my combining, last two are from 2012 with a 9790 and the first one is from 2014 with a 9540. I retired after the 2014 crop year so don't have any thing newer.
U retired! What were U thinking?

Congrats and Happy Retirement.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Always happy to hear from anyone running New or old Massey!? My aim is building a dedicated website for Massey combines and their owners!!
My email [email protected]
Website www yellowswirl.info
Thank you chaps!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you chaps always glad to receive pictures!! If you can give a few details crops, state, and anything about your old machines, that would be smashing,you guys have a longer season over there, and run the machines a lot longer than here in the UK. I'm always searching for interesting stories and would like to hear from any custom cutters now or past, that ran these machines!
Thank you chaps!
Colin

·
Registered
289 Posts
Didn't like the outlooks for profitability that were forecast at that time. Better half wanted more time for summer activities. Not missing all the management decisions. Working for the people that rented our land so have the fun of operating equipment without the worries of who goes where, when to do things, and having to fix everything.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
We have an older 8450 Massey that we found a straight cut header for last fall. Went out with it and cleaned up all the canola still standing in the sloughs that we couldn't swath due to standing water. We have had 2 of these combines for about 8 years. Mainly use them for a backup if the "green machine" breaks down with a major repair.
The 8450's are so light that can pretty much walk on water. We also used ours last fall to clean up the low spots and then go directly in with the Lemken to finish the job and clean it up.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts