The Combine Forum banner

341 - 360 of 568 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Since this seems to be such a big issue, let the public see the court transcripts and let them judge for themselves. Although some have their minds made up even if you beat them with the transcripts. @kenmb, when are you running for PM?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #342 (Edited)
So the narrative continues to evolve. Started as one racist farmer, now all are and now its into the land dispute. Thats really what its all about. There are posts about give the land back, or your title is worthless or we loaned the land or the treaties are non being honored to stuff like they are entitled to resources now. Does that mean surface revenue rights as well.

You saw my post on the UNDRIP. What if someday the govt deems 10% of your harvest went to FN or the mineral right are to be shared or even worse, they get some say in whether your operation is environmental and they get a say in what you grow and how. What if FN labour had to be employed on treaty land with a guaranteed min wage. What if an oil company wants to drill on your land and you have to consult natives first and then share revenue. This is the kind of thing I am afraid of.

For measure though, I told the SJWs that when I quit farming, I am selling my land to the chinese. See how they like dealing with them.:tongue:

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Don't even bother reading the glossy story itself about Bobby Cameron, scroll down to the first comment at the bottom that was spoken from one who obviously has a good handle on what really goes on within the reserves, it says so much about one of the major issues the average person within the reserve is facing and so frustrated with as they see it happen right in their faces.

http://thestarphoenix.com/life/bridges/progress-through-opportunity-grand-chief-bobby-cameron-works-to-improve-indigenous-lives

·
Registered
742 Posts
I am so tired of this garbage I decided to call the CBC today, because they would not answer my emails.

I complained to the woman how they are completely demonizing Mr. Stanley all in the name of the LPC and leftist agenda. I argued how this is not right to simply not state all the facts, or even some of the facts to illustrate that Mr. Stanley wasn't out hunting natives, because he is such a racist, murderous, blood thirsty killer, as the CBC is portraying him.
so I continued to say - I hope you feel good about yourself, rather than stating the full truth, CBC is sensationalizing the story to get everyone worked up, and in particular, to get everyone to think that farmers are white racist pigs, just waiting with their trigger fingers ready... so I hope you feel good about your position at CBC, supporting this biased agenda, because you are financially obligated to the leftist, globalization, victimhood ideology, because the CBC was given big money by the LPC.

She told me: in a way you're right, no one cares about you, and your complaints will go no further that this conversation, if you like go and read the story from CBC Saskatchewan, as this is their story and they have stated all of the facts of the case.

Me: not sure how this works, I just read the news feeds they are national, they are completely one sided. I am fully aware that farmers are nobodies, as we are a shrinking demographic and we're white, while the native are much larger and growing rapidly, I realize you are simply doing the bidding for the liberal-leftist ideology and making sure to secure votes for Trudeau, that's all this is about.

Woman: we report the facts sir.

Me: then why don't you report how they just tried to rob another farm before the Stanley's, or how they had a gun, were drunk...but no use mentioning this all to you, you already know all of this, you just refuse to report it! .. do you feel proud about doing this kind of job?

Woman: that's not what happens sir, read the CBC Saskatchewan story

Me: are you kidding me! We have been robbed successfully 6 times and 6 of those times it was natives, and one of the times it was a violent crime attempt...

Woman: oh really, sir, sir, what's your name. (Interrupting me)

Me: I don't think it just a coincidence that we were robbed 6 times and all times it was native

Woman: oh do you think crime is up, I could make a story on that, these are things I want to hear about!

Me: yea right, I could just see it now, you would somehow put a spin on it, saying how us white farmers have somehow created victims of these minorities and they are forced to rob us or something... ever since oil has gone down, everyone in our area has been getting robbed frequently, no one cares. I know you don't care, and my concerns will go no place, but you work for the CBC and I am going to complain to you, even if it annoys you, at least I said something to someone.

Then we talked about useles ramblings and talked in circles. In the end going no where. I am so tired of how society is all about making white people feel ashamed of being white, or having to apologize for every minority hardship, blaming everyone's misfortunes on us. Yet there are droves of people supporting this!? This is sickening already.. everything the media is putting out these days is how whites need to apologize for everyone, and how so many women are coming forward with sexual assault charges against men, years after they say it happened.

It's so frustrating what our western nations have become! Pussified males, strong feminist movements, illegal people having more rights, mass political corruption, unimaginable debt, and a culture vaporized. I feel so sorry for my little blonde hair sons, my little boys are gonna have it hard, even though their great grandfather fought for this nation for them, he most likely be rolling in his grave.

I am all for people being treated equal, no special treatment for any group, dissolve the reservations, this is ridiculous already, the media is making the whites feel shame, for no fault of their own. What the heck can we "do better" ?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #345
Don't even bother reading the glossy story itself about Bobby Cameron, scroll down to the first comment at the bottom that was spoken from one who obviously has a good handle on what really goes on within the reserves, it says so much about one of the major issues the average person within the reserve is facing and so frustrated with as they see it happen right in their faces.
Banishing gang members and criminal element from reserves is talked about in the comments. Well I know exactly where they get banished to - North Central Regina

·
Registered
742 Posts
Banishing gang members and criminal element from reserves is talked about in the comments. Well I know exactly where they get banished to - North Central Regina
And the West Edmonton mall fantasyland hotel.. but on their way from Saskatchewan, they seem to stop at my house first, as I am enroute.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Yes they report the facts all right, the facts that they pick and chose to present to the public and conveniently avoid all the facts because it doesn't suit their agenda. They will never admit to it ... EVER, but you certainly gave her an ear full and hope she sleeps well at night ....

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Perhaps I am insensitive, biased and racist, but can someone explain to me why in 2018, it is considered to be our responsibility to provide everything for First Nations people? Most of the natives I know personally are well integrated into society, with businesses, jobs, educations, their own homes and stable families. Which are viable options for anyone living in this country.

I realize that a compassionate civil society can't turn our backs on people of any race who have substance issues or are unemployable for any reason, but how can it be that entire communities evidently fall into these categories? When I hear stats and media reports about issues such as the lack of potable drinking water on reserves, and how that is somehow a shortcoming on the part of all Canadians, I can't make that connection.
-If the residents of these communities/reserves are employed, or collecting income from social programs, it seems reasonable that they would be motivated to putting some of that towards improving their quality of life, perhaps even in drinking water. As most every rural resident has already done.
-If there are not potential income sources in the area, and the people apparently aren't willing or able to live off the land( I don't expect anyone to, I certainly wouldn't want to myself), then what is the logic of remaining in that location? there certainly are no laws prohibiting anyone from being mobile within this land of opportunity. Are social program payments linked to location or reserve? When considering the exhorbitant cost of living in and servicing remote, especially northern, communities, and the lack of opportunities, why do the residents continue to reside there, and why does a compassionate society not offer better solutions? The government has certainly moved entire FN communities in the past. Historically there has been a reason to remain on the land where they obtain their necessities of life, however, that is obviously not relevant now, or we wouldn't be having the ongoing conversation about providing those same necessities.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
Most of the natives I know personally are well integrated into society, with businesses, jobs, educations, their own homes and stable families.
jvw, you may have only seen alberta reserves. Come to northern or eastern sask and it not like that at all.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
FN kids are seeing a lot of the same issues as rural kids. Many of our youth dont want to farm so we send them away for education and jobs.

Many FN kids have no interest in hunting and fishing and drumming in some remote reserve.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
jvw, you may have only seen alberta reserves. Come to northern or eastern sask and it not like that at all.
Yes, I have intense respect for what you folks are living with. Most of the Natives I know are those who have moved on from being victims to being responsible for their own lives, I only have passing acquaintances with those still living on reserves. I've had two bad experiences with Saskatoon natives, out of two trips to Saskatoon, not a good impression.

I worked with a fellow from one of the poorest and most corrupt Saskatchewan bands, he had a University education, a job, kids, his wife also had a University education and a career. He was so frustrated, his own people considered him a traitor for bettering himself, yet he saw racism everywhere he looked in the whitemans world( he tried much too hard to find it), and didn't feel he belonged here either. Some terrible stories of how things were on the reserve.

On the Alberta reserves, it seems they mostly stick with murdering each other.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Above all this tragic event has shown the CBC’s ability to make the sunrise into a racist event. Their ability to make a story about rural crime into an issue of race would be impressive were it not so embarrassing and disgusting. Our supposed national media is fully proving that emotion is everything and facts are irrelevant in their version of “journalism”.

In many of the headlines and at least once in the body of every article the word “farmer” is used. The CBC knows that most people don’t know any farmers which makes us an easy boogie man. They realize that people fear that or those which they do not know and capitalize on this fact. Their past coverage of “evil” farmers has helped to cultivate an environment where further vilification is extraordinarily easy.

Our media is increasingly making it easier to comprehend past movements such as the Third Reich and the communist hunts of macarthyism era. Watching our media and the peoples emotional reactions to their propaganda now makes history much more understandable. Everyone should watch “The Century of the Self” documentary. It is on youtube and should be mandatory for all grade 12 students. The world will make much more sense after viewing.

Charles Manson had a dream of “helter skelter” which was a war between the races which he believed could be triggered through his family. Now that Manson is dead the media, especially “our” national broadcaster, seem to have taken up the torch by categorizing everyone and placing a good or bad label on them. Agriculture and farmers have long been tagged with the bad label by these propagandists and this is not likely to change.

We all need to find a way to get along with each other despite the actions of our media.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
FN kids are seeing a lot of the same issues as rural kids. Many of our youth dont want to farm so we send them away for education and jobs.

Many FN kids have no interest in hunting and fishing and drumming in some remote reserve.
So it should be our responsibility to provide them with every possible opportunity to do so. Oh wait, we already do.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Since Hihi962 sort of gave up his location. How are you having a problem with being robbed when the reserve near you is one of the "richest" in Alberta? I have 3 Hutterite colonies within 40 miles of me and numerous Mennonites within 20 miles of me. None of them have ever given me a problem and I have had business dealing with most of them. Why is it a colony can operate quite fine with no rampant theft, drug use, etc and the reserves can't? Pretty much a rhetorical question since we all know the answer.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Since Hihi962 sort of gave up his location. How are you having a problem with being robbed when the reserve near you is one of the "richest" in Alberta? I have 3 Hutterite colonies within 40 miles of me and numerous Mennonites within 20 miles of me. None of them have ever given me a problem and I have had business dealing with most of them. Why is it a colony can operate quite fine with no rampant theft, drug use, etc and the reserves can't? Pretty much a rhetorical question since we all know the answer.
Trouble with the measure of richest band in Alberta is that like any good corrupt dictatorship, that only means that a few members and their families are fabulously wealthy. Doesn't really help the rest of the residents.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
We deal with a few colonies, the farm bosses all seem to agree there is theft but is mostly from within the colony, or from stores, and alcoholism is more rampant than you would think. I have dumped at some places first thing in the morning and you can smell booze on them or by the afternoon some have a pretty good glow on.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Here is a simple thing to always keep in mind, especially when trying to interpret my posts:

When you see people doing stupid things, repeatedly or that defy all logic, data or common sense. Consider thst they are not stupid at all. Consider it is by design.

Too often we are passing off what our government or media actions as those of incompetent or using some other excuse. Consider the actions are actually meeting objectives and what is making things appear incompetent is that you simply dont understand the objectives.

Like i say, we are being played. More proof:

Send these links to Trudeau, Cameron, CBC and others and ask why the Stanley trial is covered and why jury selection is the top issue, and racism, but these things are not mentioned in these Regina murder trials:
Ongoing today
http://leaderpost.com/news/crime/witness-in-regina-murder-trial-says-bellegarde-shot-reno-lee

Coming next month, jury selection?
Regina Woman Committed to Stand Trial in March 2018 On Second Degree Murder Charge | GX94 Radio - Now That's Country!

Did jury bias fail these indigenous men last winter?
https://www.mbcradio.com/2017/01/witnesses-at-murder-trial-of-prince-albert-teen-describe-bullet-littered-crime-scene

And who can forget the abused kids of the Goforth trial. Surely racism in the jury would be triggered

https://www.battlefordsnow.com/article/550100/regina-juror-seeking-help-after-disturbing-goforth-murder-trial

Get these leaders to comment on the Judicial system in Saskatchewan since they are so concerned now.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
We deal with a few colonies, the farm bosses all seem to agree there is theft but is mostly from within the colony, or from stores, and alcoholism is more rampant than you would think. I have dumped at some places first thing in the morning and you can smell booze on them or by the afternoon some have a pretty good glow on.
I guess I should have written my original post better, but what you said is exactly what I was getting at. Any indiscretions are dealt within and rarely affect neighbors. Point being they are dealt with period, no need for law enforcement. Goes back to the idea of teach your children well. I could not imaging the pain my old man would dish out if I stole from anyone let alone a neighbor.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #360
Kenmb, I was in jury selection for the Reno Lee trial and there were more than 500 people showed up out of I think 700 called. Almost no visible indigenous attended. Not even the defendants families. No supporters. Regina and area would have about a 15% native population so you would have expected like 50-75 people. The visible minorities from other races was quite small too. It was mostly white.

I couldnt help think if I was a native man, I would be doing everything in my power to stay out of the justice system.

341 - 360 of 568 Posts