The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running in soybeans with 30' head. Not running the add on chaff spreader. It blows stuff nicely to the right side but seems to windrow it on the left side where it hits the spreader flap- shield. Kind of seems like a poor set up. It looks like if it was shortend up 5" or so to where it was at the same height as the spreader that it would help a fair bit or will the material coming off the spreader cause issues flying back at the chaffer. Any one modify anything to help with this. Was hoping to not have to buy the add on spreader. Thanks

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Hopefully most crops will have very little left on spreader at that point. In corn you will likely have enough cob over time to shoot at chaffer and ben some louvers. You may be onto something well worth doing in you condition. I also think the extended tail fins that I believe PFP still has work great for most condions. As i recall we add to straps holding tail board up abour an inch to get below the curtain. I think we cut an inch off of curtain as well

·
Registered
110 Posts
We take the spreader and raise it up by using the top spreader bolt hole as the bottom hole and drill a new hole in the spreader shaft for the second hole. We have the pfp fins which are great and we cut the curtain shorter you just have to trim on it to suit your liking. Follow the machine on a 4 wheeler and you can tell a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.