The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 S-77 and recently got the smaller diameter chopper kit and wanted to get the speed up kit also thru my dealer. Now dealer is having hard time coming up with speed up kit for it. Anyone have info?

·
Registered
94 Posts
They hopefully any day now release the chopper speed up kit, I have been getting the same story for a while that they are waiting on a few pieces to finish making up the kit. I have used the one for PFP and it is a pain to change over to.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We put two kits in our 2012 S77's this August. Was not the easiest job, instructions were a little vague on some key measurement points for drilling holes. Think the speed up kit just includes a larger diameter drive pulley, the longer belt, and some braces and latch changes for the big door panel. Not a lot of parts really. Originally we were told the availability wouldn't be until the end of September, after our prime harvesting time. Somehow they came in early August. It's doing a better job, but not as dramatic as I'd hoped.

Hope you get yours soon.

Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes it should make it the same speed as an 8 series, which should help with build-up on the left side of the rotor. We installed ours about 3 weeks ago. Kind of agree on the instructions. They were a tad vague on a few things. But all in all not to terrible of a install. It also comes with a new chopper that has more knives on it. And also stationary/retractable knives that go on the floor. We opted to not install those. Unfortunately we haven't been to the fields yet!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.