The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I get the parts for this? I’m thinking I want to do it before this fall.

Isn’t there now the AGCO version and the version started by Dan Hurtt? Which is better?

Thanks.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called Dan. He said:

1. On the S67 there is really nothing wrong with the rear feederhouse so you’re focusing on the rear of the front feederhouse

2. What you’re referencing is the relationship between the divider (the part that separates the top half of the feederhouse chain and the lower half of the feederhouse chain) and the lower feederhouse floor.

3. As you follow the lower feederhouse floor to the back, you will find the gap between the two decreases. You don’t want that gap to be less than 5.25”. At the point it gets less than 5.25”, you need to cut the feederhouse floor so that part of the feederhouse floor can be bent down to maintain the 5.25” spacing.

4. At some point the divider starts to go up so as you weld the floor in the new location you’ll eventually need to start bending the floor back up to follow the divider. Just keep a 5.25” gap and smooth transitions.

5. At the back the seal will be different. I didn’t totally understand what he was saying but he said there was a piece of channel in there that you needed to cut out, then cut down to half height and then re-weld it in at a different location. Finally you have to use an 8” by 40” by 1/40 piece of UMHW plastic pop riveted in there to serve as the seal you have to remove.

I guess we’ll try it sometime before fall harvest. I might take some pictures as I figure it out and share them here.

If anyone else has a more clear description before I get started, please let me know. I called Lundell to get some more hitch savers for my tractor as well as the UMHW for the seal at the back.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I did these mods on aS67 which Dan supplied details and pictures on what to do. I was referring to the moving forward and lowering the rear feed shaft. I think I have them still if you give me your email

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did these mods on aS67 which Dan supplied details and pictures on what to do. I was referring to the moving forward and lowering the rear feed shaft. I think I have them still if you give me your email
Thanks.

It’s my username @hotmail.com.

he said he had lost his directions so I’d love to see them.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
The rear of the front floor where the seal used to go needs shorten up alittle. Brake lines will hit if you don’t move that bottom channel or notch it out

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Sent them. Once you get your head around the instruction it's Ok. Make sure you keep the back off the floor level when you weld it up with the blocks Dan said. Otherwise it will bow and not seal properly

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sent them. Once you get your head around the instruction it's Ok. Make sure you keep the back off the floor level when you weld it up with the blocks Dan said. Otherwise it will bow and not seal properly
Thanks.

I finally replied to your email. I was unable to read the email on my phone. I thought it might be a problem with the way you sent it but I wanted to wait until I had a chance to try on a computer before I asked you to send it again.

Turns out I was able to view it on my computer.

I really appreciate you sending that. I did reply to your email as well.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
409 Posts
I done the mods on my R72 when I had it and also done my S88. Was night and day difference. Made a new machine out of the 88. I still have all of Dan's pictures and instructions for doing the front floor mods and moving the rear feed shaft. I never moved the rear feed shaft on my 88. Wasn't having any issues back there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts