The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i thought i had figured out my rotor loss, however i was mistaken. I have tried about everything imaginable and nothing seams to help. Is sunnybrook or anyone else producing rotors for the S series and if so has anyone noticed a significant difference in rotor loss?

·
Registered
27 Posts
What crops are you harvesting? What are your settings rotor,concave,fan,sieves,chopper spd? Depending on the year of S series you have sunnybrook was supplying Agco with their rotor. Sunnybrook will have weldments in between bars for rotor sweeps or knives.
Precision Farm Parts makes a really nice rotor for the S series with a staggered configuration. Call Mike his son builds the rotor. I think it is a little over $7,000.So depending on your rotor loss probably best to start adjusting once you tell your settings maybe someone can help.

·
Registered
549 Posts
On my 78 I have no reverse bars, nine sweeps, last three placed abought 6 inches into discharge, top and bottom sieves abought 3/4 open. Cut lots of heavy green steam 70-90 bu. beans with 40 ft. head, at 3-4 mph. with less than one bu. loss out the rotor and shoe combined. When damp rotor speed, 600-650, dry, 400-470. In the really green beans the count at discharge would be around 30-50 beans. it takes 200 to make a bu. I placed an air-blast on top of rotor just on thrasher side and cut the loss down to 5-12, next year I will have the air on both ends and eliminate rotor loss to near zero.

·
Registered
127 Posts
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd...._=1426135285_8bacd3be200f073690a979ae1e8e4d3f

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hph...=113e809a5262f1089492f2683f2a3e3e&oe=550DF69B

AGCO part # SBA0362 is about $50 (rasp bar) , a couple of the best Gleaner field guys say their success in reducing rotor loss with this mod is excellent. They call it a kicker bar.

Or we have the Gen2 rotor for the S series if you want to spend big. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=574236562615768&set=vb.233736469999114&type=2&theater

·
Registered
549 Posts
I always thought about putting a air blast at the bottom separator grate. How did you do it, did you add a fan, any pics?

The blast I think needs to be on top side of cage blowing down in front and back on sep. end and on top blowing down the back side on thresher side. If anyone has ever seen or heard of the bi-axial rotor, they only had a four ft. long rotor that the cage, which was perforated 360 degrees would turned in the same direction as the cylinder. By doing that the cage stayed clean and grain wasn't having to fight against each other trying to escape the cage. I was having to clean the top of the cage above the concave every morning from lot's of green steam beans. When I started with a clean cage the rotor loss monitor showed very little loss. Five minutes later it would go up some, not much but still just enough to loose on av. 35 beans out the discharge in a 2 ft. wide, 1ft. long area. With the air blast it dropped to abought 8 on av. And that was just on the thresher side. Even with a perfectly clean cage the top half is just fighting against each other trying to get out, if it plugs then you have way more loss. That's why axial machines only separate on the bottom half. How I did it? Simple, with a leaf blower hooked to the air bar that i built, just to see if it would work, now to figure out the best way to put air to it, lots of idea's but nothing 100% just yet. HELP!!!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I am sure getting tired of buying new combines from Gleaner and having to go to other sources to make the machine better. Gleaner needs to contract with Sunnybrook and PFP so that we can get a top notch machine from Hesston without having to do this stuff ourself. It's not like this is something Gleaner doesn't know about or that many of us have told them about.

2014 Wheat was so poor here in Kansas that I had no way to put my S78 to the test. But this thread is telling me once again that I will have to improve the Gleaner myself.:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
It sounds like it's time for you to move on to a different color, Gleaner Baldwin. I've been an observer on here for a long time and all you seem to do is fuss and moan about everythingggg to do with AGCO/Gleaner. Geez dude, enough is enough already, we get it, you're mad. We got it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.